Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread: Marinade

Default Marinade

Does someone perhaps have a great marinade recipe for springbok fillets? This is for a braai.

User

Default Re: Marinade

It doesn't need much. Some olive oil and normal braai salt for mine. Braai to rare (as all meat should be). Springbuck is juicy and tender with great flavour; you want to keep it that way. Enjoy!

User

Make a spice rub with coriander, paprika, salt, pepper, braai spice of your choce, then drizzle a little bit of olive oil over it.

Put in the weber over hot coals and braai without the lid for a bit. Then put lid on and cook until med rare, or whatever you want.

User

I have some kudu fillets that will get just salt and pepper and be braaied over sekelbos until medium rare.

But I have some kudu rump that I have no idea what to do with (want to braai them for Xmas). Any ideas are welcome.

User

I use equal parts olive oil, worcestershire sauce, balsamic vinegar and red wine. Marinate for at least 4 hours at room temperature. Hmmm-hmmmmm!!!

User

Everyone has his own "secret" recipy, but I just think that you'll have to experiment until you have your own "Secret recipy"

Here is what I do, and even my wife and children "who does not eat wild meat" always fight for the last piece ;)

Knorr's Sticky Sparerib Marinade mixed with extra Ground Black-Pepper (About a table spoon full), Garlic flakes (Robinsons), two table spoons Brown Sugar, Worcestershire Sauce (Not too much but just so that the sauce is dark enough, it also helps for the dry-ness), pinch of Salt, few drops of Lemon Juice, table spoon Olive Oil and a hint of Tobasco. Let it ly overnight in a sealed container in the fridge. BRAAI on Hot coals over the grille! If you are not careful enough, you'll start eating your fingers as well! nou is ek honger!

User

Spur's Durky sauce. Adds a lot of flavor. My red hartebeest fillet was delicious. Just added a little black pepper and salt during the braai

User

Quote Originally Posted by ruaanfs View Post
    Spur's Durky sauce. Adds a lot of flavor. My red hartebeest fillet was delicious. Just added a little black pepper and salt during the braai
    Oh Yes! Forgot that one! But the trick here is to heat the sauce before you braai, there is a diffirence, believe me.

User

Quote Originally Posted by WiaanLR View Post
    Oh Yes! Forgot that one! But the trick here is to heat the sauce before you braai, there is a diffirence, believe me.
    I'll remember that and try it next time

User

Although easily forgotten, bay leaves makes a huge difference to any marinade.

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast