Page 1 of 6 1 2 3 ... LastLast

Default 2 Q's about D.S.S

Hi.

How long does it take for the board to approve an application and what should I include in my motivation ?

Thanx.

User

Default Re: 2 Q's about D.S.S

Mine took an extraordinarily SHORT time. Not sure what way the EXCO goes about doing it but my turnaround time was less than a day if I recall correctly. Maybe they discuss shooters coming close to DSS in advance, maybe they have a standing decision on some basic requirements to be met and if the applicant does, just issue DSS. Maybe I was just lucky but I doubt that.

As for motivation, I basically wrote that I reached my required amount of points in 2 months and intend to keep attending shoots at the same rate. I also mentioned having introduced several more people to the sport already as evidence of my passion for IDPA. All of the above are true BTW, although I haven't shot as much in the past two months as I would have liked due to personal commitments.

Not sure if it's appropriate (and seeing as other IDPA members including the EXCO can read this I'll abide by their advice if given) but I can email you my motivation if you send me a PM with your email address.
    Last edited by Tetelestai; 21-10-2013 at 20:30.

User

KZ Pm inbound, but please make some space in your inbox 1st

Thank you for the reply. I have an idea of what I want to put in my motivation. I understand that it's not that important compared to a C.F.R motivation, but still want to make sure the Exco can see that I'm committed (which I undoubtedly are )

Clearing it now,thanx Yeti.

User

Quote Originally Posted by killzone View Post
    Thank you for the reply. I have an idea of what I want to put in my motivation. I understand that it's not that important compared to a C.F.R motivation, but still want to make sure the Exco can see that I'm committed (which I undoubtedly are )
    You hit the mail in the head. Just show that you are committed. You needn't write an "epistle according to killzone" merely your passion and interest in the sport. That should be more than plenty. Maybe mention your desire to store more than 200 rounds, or the fact that you'd really like to get into DMG. For both you require DSS.

Got it. Thanks Gareth.

User

My motivation was, I need 270 min for africa champs and by law I am only alowed to have 200 without DSS. The next day I had my certificate.

Nę ! Quick-quick !

User

Also make sure that the admin portal shows 20 points. DSS wont be issued until then. I applied the Monday after a shoot and had to wait for it to reflect before it would be issued

Page 1 of 6 1 2 3 ... LastLast