Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2
    User

Default Re: Interviews and Testimonials for Competency

Quote Originally Posted by JoeDijeaux View Post
    I just gave the phone numbers and ID numbers of two neighbours and my wife accompanied me, so she was interviewed in person. I didn't supply any written testimonials.

So basically, going by what you and I are saying, just phone the DFO and ask what they want. Because they're the ones who will be doing the interviewing before sending off the provincial, so do whatever it is will make them happy.
    This could work, although I've heard of DFOs asking to see all 3 references in person.

User

Thanks for the responses.

I guess I'll get the guy to phone the DFO. Any comments on using Douglasdale (work) vs Kempton Park (home) DFO's ? I think I have read good things about the Douglasdale DFO.

G33, that thread seemed to be about licences, not the "extras" required for a competency app, unless I skimmed it too fast. The guy I'm helping does have his Proficiency Cert and the SoR.

User

Quote Originally Posted by HadEnuf View Post
    Thanks for the responses.

I guess I'll get the guy to phone the DFO. Any comments on using Douglasdale (work) vs Kempton Park (home) DFO's ? I think I have read good things about the Douglasdale DFO.

G33, that thread seemed to be about licences, not the "extras" required for a competency app, unless I skimmed it too fast. The guy I'm helping does have his Proficiency Cert and the SoR.
    The thread makes mention of a SASSETA certificate (should have been supplied by the training provider) and a motivation (this i cannot understand) being a new requirement for all competency submissions.

I wrote down phone numbers of a neighbor and a friend and he only called one and asked a couple of questions.

Exclamation Re: Interviews and Testimonials for Competency

Hey guys,

After not finding the information I needed on this site, I decided to post my tips for Lyttelton SAPS concerning the Competency Certification:

You need 3 reference questionaires filled out, 1 by spouse/or family and 2 by family or friends. See below...

blank.reference.form.jpg

You also need a 517 filled out (read it carefully, most of the pages are for the police).
    Certified copy of ID and certified copy of proof of residence.
    Copies of certificate for your firearm training AND your certificate of results (both are important)
    I read and was told that I would need character reference letters, but they police didn't ask for that, they asked for the questionaires ^
    And of course, R70 cash

Lyttelton SAPS only deals with 20 applications a day, the que starts at 5:30 apparently, but I was there twice and the second time I was there at 4:20 am: I was fourth in line. They only start processing at around 6:30 - 7 am.

Hope this helps.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2