Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast
    User

Default Re: TOP TIER USA AR15 BOLT ASSEMBLIES!

Is this a licensed part or is it something I can just buy and toss in my range bag to have a spare handy?
    Is the bolt carrier a licensed part for that matter?

User

You need a licence for the firearm the part fits, but the part itself doesn't need it's own licence, so you can have several bolts as long as you have a licence. Chapter 10, section 94.
    This applies to bolts, slides and breech blocks according to the act.

Sent from my GT-I9300 using Tapatalk

User

Imo they are on par.

BCM has the "name" and beyond a doubt extremely good and V7 is the new outfit with enough pedigree.

V7 products are supplied to us on a dealer basis where the BCM products are purchased at USA retail so it's more expensive.

We bought all the bolts that were available form V7 - you will see their site says sold out.

We ordered the BCM bolts 3 months ago to get product.

Yes these bolts will fit all DI ARs in SA except if someone has some seriously out of spec AR.

It will function in NEA, DD, Bushmaster, DPMS, Norinco, Astra, PWS, Schmeisser, Colt, S&W, STI, Sig400 and Sig516. It should also function in all the other DI ARs in SA as I can see no reason why it should not except once again if someone has a out of spec rifle iro bolt carrier and barrel extension which is seriously doubtful.

User

These bolt assemblies will be the best available anywhere and a very necessary support part for any serious AR15 owner and operator.

If you break a bolt or an extractor or a ejector gets stuck it is the quickest way getting your AR to run again right there in the field or on the range.

The bolt assembly covers 4 critical parts of operating an AR namely bolt lugs to lock the bolt into the barrel extension, extractor, ejector and gas rings.

All 4 components are critical in making the rifle run and are susceptible to damage with bad ammo or extended usage.

User

What is wrong with the current NEA bolt carriers/bolts that come with the NEA rifles? Are you saying that they are of poor quality and will not last?

User

Quote Originally Posted by HENKELP View Post
    What is wrong with the current NEA bolt carriers/bolts that come with the NEA rifles? Are you saying that they are of poor quality and will not last?
    I'll chime in here, no, I don't think that the NEA bolts are a problem at all. These bolts on offer are a spare part just like any other. The NEA's are covered by warranty but should I need a replacement bolt, I would then have a spare in my range bag, and I'd be up and running again without delay. Then after that I could get the replacement under warranty but I'm not pressed for time as I would have my spare bolt to use.

User

^^^^

Re bolt assemby - it is the "full size spare wheel" for the semi-auto rifle you have.

Imo anyone running a semi-auto rifle should have a spare bolt assembly for each platform rifle he uses if he is serious about what he is doing. If you are running a Colt, DD, NEA, PWS, STI, Bushmaster, DPMS, Schmeisser etc etc you need to carry an emergency spare bolt assembly. I obtained a spare bolt assembly for my Colt 3 years ago already. If you are running a LM or AK or ACR or AUG or whatever platform seriously, make sure you have a spare bolt assembly. Bad ammo can break a bolt or extractor or ejector.

Re NEA: the current NEA has a very good quality bolt assembly and bolt carrier. We did experience a batch of NEA with problematic bolts but under the NEA warranty we replaced, with support from NEA, each and every bolt that broke a lug. The new bolts and later replacement bolts are from a new reputable manufacturer of milspec AR parts outside the USA.

Khumba, I suppose these will function in the DSA AR's as well?

Is the bolt assembly of carbine length AR's (i.e. NEA 10.5) the same as the longer barreled mid-length AR's?
    Life shouldn't be a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving with a well preserved body...

User

These bolts will fit ALL AR15 rifles.

User

Thanks Khumba. Nice having access to all these accessories!

Ordered the V7.

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast