Hello guys,

Its that time, I received my licences last week so the weekend is booked so that I can go and pick up my brand new rifle from the dealer.
Can you guys please help me with some input on what I also need to get so that I can break in my barrel on my .308?
Okay, first I guess should be a rod, copper brush & jag, Is there a difference between the Hoppe's and Ram accessories besides the price?
Do anyone use a boar guide?
I heard someone talking about a wet brush that they run through the barrel first, what exactly does wet brush mean? Is it only solvent on the brush or a wet patch on by the brush?
What solvent must I use to clean the barrel and oil then?
I read up a few forums and watched a lot of tutorial video's about cleaning and everyone is different. Some state that the boar should only be cleaned in the direction of the bullet travel, any input?

I think I am going to use the Harry Potterfield from Midway USA technique of breaking the barrel. Clean boar, 1 shot, clean boar and cool down, 1 shot, clean boar and cool down................. for 5 shots. Then moving into 5 shots and then cleaning till I have reached 50 round. How did you break in your barrel?

Also can you please help with some advice to clean my .22 and pump action shotgun, I read that different solvents and oils needs to be used for them?

Regards