Page 2 of 8 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 ... LastLast
    User

Quote Originally Posted by Slingshot View Post
    He's been burning his fuze at both ends. He's going to have to prepare himself for several years in court for the prosecution and subsequent appeals. Unless he flees again to somewhere else, which is almost a given certainty, he'll have to serve his sentence out here in SA and the moment he finishes that up the SA government will ship him back to the Czech Republic to serve his sentence there. His honeymoon years are over. How it will actually pan out...who knows?
    Call me a sceptic, but thus only works in a perfect world where the criminal justice system is free of corruption ...

Quote Originally Posted by Slingshot View Post
    He's been burning his fuze at both ends. He's going to have to prepare himself for several years in court for the prosecution and subsequent appeals. Unless he flees again to somewhere else, which is almost a given certainty, he'll have to serve his sentence out here in SA and the moment he finishes that up the SA government will ship him back to the Czech Republic to serve his sentence there. His honeymoon years are over.How it will actually pan out...who knows?
    Has he been found guilty and convicted?

User

Default Re: Radovan Krejcir has been arrested for attempted murder and kidnap

Quote Originally Posted by Springer View Post
    Has he been found guilty and convicted?
    In Czech, yes. He was sentenced in absentia iirc.

Quote Originally Posted by Frizzle View Post
    In Czech, yes. He was sentenced in absentia iirc.
    Sorry my mistake, I thought you meant here in SA when you said:
    Unless he flees again to somewhere else, which is almost a given certainty, he'll have to serve his sentence out here in SA and the moment he finishes that up the SA government will ship him back to the Czech Republic to serve his sentence there. His honeymoon years are over.
    I wasn't aware that he's been found guilty here.

User

Quote Originally Posted by Springer View Post
    Sorry my mistake, I thought you meant here in SA when you said:

I wasn't aware that he's been found guilty here.
    He hasn't been found guilty here. The second quote is what Slingshot said.
    There's an extradition case going on at the moment (which takes a long time).
    Other charges against him are being investigated, such as the attempted murder and kidnapping (as well as possible tax evasion). If he is found guilty on those charges, then likely he'll serve his sentence year, and then if the extradition order is successful, he will be sent to Czech to serve that sentence.

Either there is going to be a cover up or the beans are going to be spilled methinks... This could make a good movie. Interesting that the Police have him at an "undisclosed location" and that his legal team needed intervention to find him? I know that the police had him after the Bombing of his place, and that was described as "a place of safety" - Maybe the "undisclosed location" is just a place where all the players can get their stories straight before the press briefing on Sunday? - But that would be a little cynical of me... oh wait.

Krejcir arrest: Cops forced to give up detainee's location

2013-11-23 08:27

Radovan Krejcir (Picture: AP)

Johannesburg - Lawyers for controversial Czech fugitive Radovan Krecjir have been granted a court order forcing police to divulge the whereabouts of their client, after he was arrested on charges of attempted murder and kidnapping, according to Eyewitness News.

After initial reports of the arrest, police spokesperson Lieutenant General Solomon Makgale confirmed on Friday that "Krejcir was arrested after 18:00 at his house in Gauteng".

"He was arrested on charges of attempted murder and kidnapping."

But EWN reported that lawyers did not know where Krejcir was being detained, and the order granted by the high court now compelled police to allow him exercise his right to representation.

According to Sapa, late on Friday police said that although they did not usually name suspects before they appeared in court, "it was decided on the basis of the existence of an arrest warrant and public interest that the suspect in this instance will be identified".

A media briefing about the arrest would be held in Pretoria on Saturday.

Last Tuesday, two people died and five were injured in an explosion at Krejcir's business, Money Point, in Befordview, on the East Rand.

In July, Krejcir was the target of an apparent assassination attempt outside Money Point.

Moments after he got out of his car, a remote-controlled gun installed behind the number plate of a car parked near his fired at him. Krejcir escaped unharmed.

The SA Revenue Service said last Friday that all Krejcir's assets had been placed under the control of a curator.
    http://www.news24.com/SouthAfrica/Ne...ation-20131122

User

So here are a few unclear things to me ( in no particular order )
    - He is a fugitive in his own country – and been found guilty there for criminal activities. How is it SA allowed him to continue on the same basis
    - How is it that he did get (1) a passport for SA and even a (2) Visum for a working / to conduct own business in SA
    - Why was he not deported him back to his own country, after it became known that they ( his country ) are looking for him as he has been found quality in his own country
    - How is it, that juts after the blast one of SA,s top PI,s could immediately phone him and ash him if he is ok ( Bonthuis ) … meaning he is connected perhaps
    -

Just wondering , to many questions

User

1) He's seeking asylum in South Africa and there is an extradition case going on. No idea as to when it started or the progress. I just know they're busy with it.
    2) 1) He does? He arrived here on a fake passport some years ago, and served some time in prison here for that. Not sure how long though. He probably managed to stay here based on seeking refugee status. 2) I suspect based on the application for refugee status he may be allowed to work until then. Perhaps a lawyer can clear this up?
    3) See 1). His lawyers are stating that if we deliver him to Czech he will be murdered.
    4) Maybe it was a PI that was rendering services to him?

User

http://www.pod702.co.za/Eyewitnessne...CourtOrder.pdf

Perhaps one the legal people here can answer my question. I know there are instances when an application is urgent and certain rules can't be complied with, however, how do they go about applying for this on such an urgent basis? It has to be an order of court if I'm correct, so how does the legal team do this? Do you have to get the judge to come to the court or do you go to his house? How do know who to get hold of? What would his attorneys charge for this? I think he uses BDK attorneys and from what I've read/heard, they seem to be the forerunners in criminal matters so I'm guessing they definately not cheap.

If you wouldn't want to reply in this thread please PM me. I would really appreciate it :D

User

If you have an urgent need for a court order, and it's out of court hours, then you phone a judge (lawyers will have judges' numbers), give the circumstances and the judge will decide yes or no as to whether to grant the court order.

We do suspect however that the reason for the secrecy on Krejcir's location is for his safety.

The above was just what I was told in short by a lawyer. Exact procedure will differ in most likeliness.

Page 2 of 8 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 ... LastLast