Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast
    User

Default Re: Carrying with expired license card

When you apply for renewal you get a receipt. It's only a small slip of paper so there's no excuse not to carry it in your wallet along with your expired license.

Ignorance isn't a defence.

Banned

Slight side way question - what is the take on being all legal but have a lost card.

Must be reported within either 24 hours or 7 days I can't remember, and then follow procedure to get new card.

Banned

yea but what's the take on carrying. Like say you traveling ,hunting, the more likely time you will find your card is gone. Now you want to go home ? or you want to go out hunting and just cant find card ? now what. I have certified copies of my licences laminated on a4 sheets and one in car rifle bag ruck sack - ammo boxes tent. food boxes -everywhere. I have copies of everything lying every where - Even a copy of carry pistol licence under bike seat - same applies to hunt licence - vermin contro and permission to hunt letters - every where is a copy

User

So, just checking if any recent experience or this, and any advice?

I applied before the 90 days, but still "In Process" and we are now past the expiry date. I will still carry but have misplaced the small piece of paper as well as the receipt (i am terrible at admin!)

I asked the DFO what can be done and she said there is nothing she can give me and I must leave the FA in the safe, advice which i won't be following because I have followed all the legal requirements for the renewal and do not believe that there is any legal basis for her recommendation. Has anyone had any experience being stopped in these circumstances?

I was thinking of a printout from the saps site which shows that the renewal application is in process..?

User

Quote Originally Posted by b20 View Post
    So, just checking if any recent experience or this, and any advice?

I asked the DFO what can be done and she said there is nothing she can give me and I must leave the FA in the safe, advice which i won't be following because I have followed all the legal requirements for the renewal and do not believe that there is any legal basis for her recommendation. Has anyone had any experience being stopped in these circumstances?

I was thinking of a printout from the saps site which shows that the renewal application is in process..?

Quote Originally Posted by gizmo16 View Post
    hi people

My licensed SD firearm has an expired license card. I applied for the renewal months before the expiry date but it has dragged on for months now.

Has anyone been stopped by the cops while carrying a FA with an expired card? Did they make calls to the CFR to confirm and/or let you go?

I have the receipt of the documentation for the renewal but it is hard to make out, so bad I can't even make a photo copy of it. Will make a plan to get a new copy of it though.

Going on a work trip tomorrow, pondering carrying a section 15 FA instead. Just don't want hassle outside of my home town.
    Check section 24(4) of the FCA:
    "(4) If an application for the renewal of a license has been lodged within the period provided for in subsection (1), the license remains valid until the application is decided.'

User

Quote Originally Posted by SASwart View Post
    Check section 24(4) of the FCA:
    "(4) If an application for the renewal of a license has been lodged within the period provided for in subsection (1), the license remains valid until the application is decided.'
    Thanks - this is useful

User

Just note the first part of the clause as well :)

User

Quote Originally Posted by SASwart View Post
    Just note the first part of the clause as well :)
    Noted - thankfully i made it by one day ;)

User

Quote Originally Posted by Starstreak View Post
    The short answer is "No". You don't get any reminder. NOTE: You are obliged to apply for a new license at least 90 days before the expiry date.

Is that business days?

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast