Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast
    User

Default Dedicated Status

Hi all,

Anyone else had this issue:

On Tuesday i go to submit my license app at Wierdabrug for my S&W. The DFO check my SADPA dedicated certificate and says nope, CFR is gonna reject the app cause they now want the date you received dedicated status as well as when it expires on the certificate.

He reckons he is not going to take in my app as it will just be a waste of money.

Anyone also know if there is something wrong with the SADPA office number? Tried the whole day and cant get through?

I am freakin livid with these ever changing rules.

User

Sounds like total bs.

It doesn't expire.

He can not refuse to take your app in. He can advise you not refuse u.

User

Default Re: Dedicated Status

Well I am just resubmitting tomorrow as I cant get hold of marge to help.

Tired of all this bs!

My wife was told the same. After explaining to them they don't have the authority to refuse to take it they accepted it and the lic was approved in less than two months from then.
    MOLON LABE

User

Yeah I will just do the same tomorrow.

The reason for this new requirement is apparently SA Hunters figured out they had 1,500 members who were not dedicated anymore and still submitting license apps as dedicated hunters. They apparently emailed the 1,500 list to CFR and now all association certificates meed the dates.

This is all hearsay, so I am not sure how true it is.

I am just gatvol to waste time out of my day to argue with these people.

User

Quote Originally Posted by Bighunter View Post
    He can not refuse to take your app in. He can advise you not refuse u.
    I'm tired of DFO's making rules up as they go along. I had problems with my DFO just making his own rules up too. He has to take your app.

It is a good idea to get a letter from your dedicated authority to say that your status is active.
    - adds to motivation, confirms what you state, and generally just makes things smoother.

Hope you can get hold of SADPA and get a letter soon.... ;)

The law requires the associations to give the names through of people not maintaining DSS. This is done in a annual report from the association which: gives through names of members maintaining DSS, new DSS achieved through the year, as well as members who's DSS have lapsed.

There is absolutely no expiry date of DSS. The DSS of SADPA is according to CFR standards and never had a problem (that I know of), except for the wording 'Certificate' which had to be added along the route.

User

Quote Originally Posted by dAyLiTe View Post
    It is a good idea to get a letter from your dedicated authority to say that your status is active. - adds to motivation, confirms what you state, and generally just makes things smoother. Hope you can get hold of SADPA and get a letter soon.... ;)
    Sorry mate but no!
    The letter saying you have DSS.
    When we start jumping though hoops for nothing they win.
    Was the same story with the endorsement letters.

Quote Originally Posted by czShadow View Post
    There is absolutely no expiry date of DSS. The DSS of SADPA is according to CFR standards and never had a problem (that I know of), except for the wording 'Certificate' which had to be added along the route.
    SAPS have issued who knows how many licenses with the current DSS letter as issued by SADPA? As there has been no change to the FCA law in this regard your local DFO can't make up his own rules. With regards to waisting money on an application that might be refused - hey it's my money to waist as I fit - submit the bloody application DFO!

Ok to try and help a bit on your official SADPA record of participation off the SADPA website. In the bottom left hand side of your personnal details block is when you first had DSS issued - attach and refer to the document in your application stating I have had DSS status since as reflected on my ofdicial SADPA record of participation.

Then on your membership letter it states in the last line if you have DSS! this membership letter has an expiry date 28 FEB 2014 for this year's membership letter.

How can SADPA predict what I am going to do into the future? So how can they state when my DSS will expire? As an e.g. I have let's say 80 points on the data base with the deduction end December, I technically have enough points to be dedicated for another 3 year, however if I do not renew my SADPA membership end Feb 2014, then in DSS report submitted end 2014 SADPA would report that I have lost my DSS status due to no longer being a member of the association. Thus SADPA can not issue a letter stating that you will be DSS for the coming 3 years as they can not look into the future or know what members plan to do.

If SAPS want different stuff reflected on DSS certificates fron recongnised accredited sports shooting bodies, then CFR should communicate this dirrectly with the respective accreditted sports shooting bodies all of whom would have contact details either on their respective web sites or on record with CFR - most likely both.

This can not come to any acceditted association through hearsay at DFO level!

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast