Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 ... LastLast

Thread: Vektor Spares

Default Re: Vektor Spares

Hi R0bi,

Welcome!

The SAPS use the Vektor Z88 most which is the Beretta 92F copy. I think that some units used the SP1 but I'm not sure how wide spread their use was.

I love my SP1 but I'm seriously considering retiring it from daily carry as soon as I can afford to get another suitable (M&P ;D) pistol. My one is built like a brick sh1thouse and I've had very few problems with it but with the lack of spares a concern I'd rather not push my luck too long with our dear friend Murphy ;)

I started making my own Kydex holsters for the SP1 because I couldn't find any suitable ones here in SA so if you need anything PM me and lets talk.

Banned

Hi fellow Vektor lovers

Sounds like many of us had a similar runaround trying to get spare parts, upgrades, replacements etc. for our beloved "Made in SA" piece. When I originally started looking for sight replacements for my SP1 I was informed by dlsys's Product Support Infantry Weapons that the entire inventory now resorts with Nobleteq and that the contact there is Peet Grobler (012 661 3224/5 or 082 856 7139).

I spoke on the phone to Mr. Grobler and he was super-duper keen and friendly and he confirmed that they had the parts I was looking for and all I had to do was email him my order to: nobleteq@webmail.co.za This I promptly did. This original email was followed by several further emails and further friendly telecoms and instructions from Mr. Grobler to email my order, which I did. And have now on several occasions followed the same runaround with absolutely ZERO response from Nobleteq. I have since given up and shoot without a front or rear sight...

I must admit though that this level of service doesn't surprise me in the gun industry in SA anymore. My "order" for 1911 shock-buffs with RHT is over a year old with myriad of excuses offered since I originally placed the order (if I hear "We're waiting on stock from the US" one more time I will quite literally kak in pants). In a way, I can even understand it. Why waste time with an order of a few hundred rand when you can spend the same amount of time processing an order for a R15 000 speed-rig. Still sux though.

User

Hi, Geoff!

You got PM!

Quote Originally Posted by Geoff Carter
    .... our dear friend Murphy ;)
    Would You explain that ?

Regards,
    Robert

Quote Originally Posted by dhignett
    Hi fellow Vektor lovers

Sounds like many of us had a similar runaround trying to get spare parts, upgrades, replacements etc. for our beloved "Made in SA" piece. When I originally started looking for sight replacements for my SP1 I was informed by dlsys's Product Support Infantry Weapons that the entire inventory now resorts with Nobleteq and that the contact there is Peet Grobler (012 661 3224/5 or 082 856 7139).

I spoke on the phone to Mr. Grobler and he was super-duper keen and friendly and he confirmed that they had the parts I was looking for and all I had to do was email him my order to: nobleteq@webmail.co.za This I promptly did. This original email was followed by several further emails and further friendly telecoms and instructions from Mr. Grobler to email my order, which I did. And have now on several occasions followed the same runaround with absolutely ZERO response from Nobleteq. I have since given up and shoot without a front or rear sight...

I must admit though that this level of service doesn't surprise me in the gun industry in SA anymore. My "order" for 1911 shock-buffs with RHT is over a year old with myriad of excuses offered since I originally placed the order (if I hear "We're waiting on stock from the US" one more time I will quite literally kak in pants). In a way, I can even understand it. Why waste time with an order of a few hundred rand when you can spend the same amount of time processing an order for a R15 000 speed-rig. Still sux though.
    I had the same difficulty.

Finally went around there and got what I needed at reasonable prices. I think that the have severe email problems.
    Cattle die, kindred die, every man is mortal:
    But I know one thing that never dies,
    the glory of the great dead.
    Havamal

User

Quote Originally Posted by dhignett
    Sounds like many of us had a similar runaround trying to get spare parts, upgrades, replacements etc. for our beloved "Made in SA" piece.
    it is so sad, that they have stopped production :'(

When I originally started looking for sight replacements for my SP1
    souch part would fit, except, you wants to have there original part.

Regards,
    Robert

Quote Originally Posted by R0bi
    Quote Originally Posted by para
    Hello RObi and welcome
    Hello, Para & thanks for "hospitality"!
    ..... honestly,I thought there are more Vektor Enthusiasts in South Africa.

I read somewhere,that Your Police is equipped with vector. Those guns must also be serviced by someone. Or is that outdated information?

Best regards form Slovenia,
    Robert

Hi again

Yes I think it's the same for us all.
    We are great supporters of Vektor products but we want whats exotic(Guns made in other countries)
    The Vektor SP1, SP2 and Z88 are great pistols and mainly problem free.
    Like all 92's and clones the barrel lock up lugs of the barrel locking blocks do break after more than 10 000 mill standard rounds, and the change to the 92 Brigadier slide remains a fault with the Z88, but they're great guns.

User

Hi, Para!

Yes I think it's the same for us all.
    We are great supporters of Vektor products but we want whats exotic(Guns made in other countries)
    I understand it. In the my case it is turned upside down. Vector is here Exote, and vector owners are not in general favour... But i like this gun anyway :P

Like all 92's and clones the barrel lock up lugs of the barrel locking blocks do break after more than 10 000 mill standard rounds
    Yes. My friend made also such experience with his SP1. It is great that some 92 parts fitting.

and the change to the 92 Brigadier slide remains a fault with the Z88, but they're great guns.
    Did I understand that correctly - 92brigadier Slide fits to SP1?

greetings,
    Robert

R0bi,

The Brigadier slide may fit the frame rails but I doubt if you'd be able to get the weapon to function with it due to the different safety layout etc... confused0083

User

Quote Originally Posted by Geoff Carter
    The Brigadier slide may fit the frame rails but I doubt if you'd be able to get the weapon to function with it due to the different safety layout etc... confused0083
    I see. There are many rumours, which parts does fit and which not. Which 92 Parts fits to SP1 (tested)? I can confirm:
    -barrel locking block
    -Hammer spring

Question about Trigger: Has someone a guidance fot Trigger-pull-weight reduction? I shorted a Wolff 13lb Hammer-Spring, i got now approximate 1,8kg. I can not cut Hammer spring anymore, ignition becomes unreliable (strictly speaking, right now it works only with Magtech - other Brands wil it not ignite). I tried allso Beretta "D" Spring - it has approx. same pull weight like the Vektor orig. spring (2,6kg)

greetings,
    Robert

Parts that swap out:

Barrel,
    Locking Block,
    Recoil spring and guide rod,
    Mag release,
    Trigger (just the trigger not the bar as far as I know),
    Slide release should also work.

Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 ... LastLast