Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3

Thread: My knives 2013

User

Default Re: My knives 2013

Quote Originally Posted by wombat57 View Post
    Nice collection of Balisong knives you have there Louie89.I wish I still had mine but alas just another item I like now illegal in Australia.
    Its illegal in most US states as well but that does not stop people from owning them. I think the illegal part comes in the blade size and if you carry in public. Are they hard to find or import to Aus?

User

Quote Originally Posted by Toxxyc View Post
    I keep mine in the car because the blade is a bitch to sharpen. It's very thick, and although the metal isn't too hard the concave curve makes it hard to properly sharpen the inside. It's pretty comfortable to handle though, but not too easy to carry. I find the sheath it comes with digs the grip into my side badly when I try to carry it.
    I find it very comfortable to carry and easy to conceal. The only time I have a problem is when I have to bend over to the side I am carrying, then the handle pushes into my side.

User

I keep mine in the car because the blade is a bitch to sharpen. It's very thick, and although the metal isn't too hard the concave curve makes it hard to properly sharpen the inside.
    I use this for most of my smaller knives. Works like a charm!

User

Quote Originally Posted by Louie89 View Post
    I use this for most of my smaller knives. Works like a charm!
    The times when a R6,000 sharpening machine does not work haha! I need to get something like that. Lansky makes a good one as well. Never thought of it, to be honest.

User

The times when a R6,000 sharpening machine does not work haha! I need to get something like that. Lansky makes a good one as well. Never thought of it, to be honest.
    IIRC I paid about R300.00 for this one at sharp edge. I'm not sure what they go for these days but mine has lasted me 100's of sharpens and about 4 years now. Very durable and covers a broad range of tasks.

User

Awesome knives krobar. What is the one that is bottom row 2nd to left in the sheath? And left of the toyota knife on 2nd pic. That looks like a nice boot knife.
    Thats a Cold Steel Pendleton Mini Hunter.

Can't wait for my next ebay shipment to come in... My knives 2014's gonna be epic...

User

Quote Originally Posted by krobar View Post
    Thats a Cold Steel Pendleton Mini Hunter.

Can't wait for my next ebay shipment to come in... My knives 2014's gonna be epic...
    Can't wait to see the pics!

User

You won't regret it. I sharpened mine this weekend and realised how much I liked it.
    I received my knife an hour ago. Its such a pretty knife!

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

User

Its illegal in most US states as well but that does not stop people from owning them. I think the illegal part comes in the blade size and if you carry in public. Are they hard to find or import to Aus?
    No they aren't hard just impossible.it doesn't matter how big or small the blade is.If you try to import one and get caught expect a nice fine from the criminal charges you would be facing.only option would be to make your own.But if you did and for some reason the police find it even if it is your own home you will get done.

User

Quote Originally Posted by wombat57 View Post
    No they aren't hard just impossible.it doesn't matter how big or small the blade is.If you try to import one and get caught expect a nice fine from the criminal charges you would be facing.only option would be to make your own.But if you did and for some reason the police find it even if it is your own home you will get done.
    Sad to hear that. I believe that it is not a question of why anything that resembles a weapon is made, rather what the person using it intends on doing with it. That goes for any knife or firearm.
    Banning anything outright is solves nothing.

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3