Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4
    User

Quote Originally Posted by Tweety View Post
    In 2012 I killed a Blue Wildebeest with my Glock with a single round after Crippling it by shooting too far back. You can defend yourself from an antelope if you have a pistol. Bigger is better, obviously, but it can be done. These antelope way as much as 1 or two people.
    Yeah, it would be possible to take it out with one well placed shot. Unfortunately you won't have the luxury of time to take a well aimed shot when the wildebeest is storming you and your life is in danger. Any handgun calibre is a poor man stopper, it's even worse when you have to use it on something bigger.

Default Re: Man, son killed in wildebeest attack.

Our neighbour's father was killed by a tame blue wildebeest that he raised himself.

Quote Originally Posted by treeman View Post
    I have treated victims of numerous hand reared animals - warthog, impala, bushbuck, kudu, eland, gemsbok to name those that come to mind.
    Please do tell a few cases scenarios,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,I am very very keen to hear
    Treeman, I wrote a story, but my computer dropped it due to poor connectivity (twice).
    On second thoughts, I don't want to hijack the black wildebeest thread, so I'll start afresh under "Wildlife discussions".

WB

Banned

Please do so - I think it would be most interesting to hear about the things you never thought about or thought could happen. Heard of a chap in PE area years back that caught a Grysbok or Steenbok that was entangled in something and he found his intestines outside his body after a kick sliced him open.
    Quote Originally Posted by Willie Barnard View Post
    Treeman, I wrote a story, but my computer dropped it due to poor connectivity (twice).
    On second thoughts, I don't want to hijack the black wildebeest thread, so I'll start afresh under "Wildlife discussions".

WB

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4