User

Default Mercenaries in the Modern World

Just watched this documentary on private security contractors in Iraq. Quite a few interviews with South Africans. Shed a lot of light on how the contractors work in foreign countries, with specific interest on ethics and the position of these contractors in a foreign war.

dont know if I may post a link to a complete movie here, so mods feel free to remove.

User

My wife's biological father (as we refer to him), has spent his life traveling to areas in Africa that needed "special attention". It's a very interesting life choice.

Default Re: Mercenaries in the Modern World

They called "contractors" these days. Apparently SAPS task force lost many members to the "contracting'business between '01-09
    Big paychecks courtesy of US taxpayer

User

Jisso man ,thanks for putting it up

User

240p nokia 3310 quality.... eish :(

Banned

During the Irak war I had dealings with an Auditing firm, who had a client that they assisted with "Financial matters- pertaining to Tax".

She was on the farm outside Nelspruit, he was a security contractor sending home approx R130k + a month...

Good money it seems can be had....

Got some mates ex zim/Rhodie who are doing it and pay is insane, some guys after a few years move to the maritime work but all these operators from sa and zim/Rhodesia etc are top class well trained fighting men.

The pay is noncomparable to any army even brits.

I have a very close friend who did 9yrs with the brits 4 tours of afgan and once there is a fam and money is needed then the contract work and maritime stuff offers more than most can refuse.

Have another ex special forces diver friend who is doing work in iraq and works half a year and is doing well. Needless to say all the sa and rhodies who are plying their trade in the sandbox are definatly leaving their mark and an impression!

There is a term called "going Rhodie" refering to hitting a patrol with only ammo and water. It is interesting to note that the tactics and basic gear sop are very simmilar to what was done here a few decades ago.

One thing to consider though is the fact that contractors don't come home with a flag or medel when things go wrong. But they are sure a force to be reconed with and with the us deciding to outsource a lot of work this industry has been seen as the new gold rush... Have been looking into it myself.

But as I never joined the brits (bad blood for selling out smith) and def not gonna be one of bob mugabes gooks I decided the wildlife thing was for me... But guys africa is heating up and there are plenty contracts available for contract work in africa.

Pamwe chete
    Dylan
    Last edited by camouflage762; 02-01-2014 at 09:54. Reason: Paragraphs