Page 2 of 7 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 ... LastLast

Thread: .22 testing

User

Default Re: .22 testing

Hope you dont mind, but here are some of my ammo test results for the 6 different brands of ammo i have at the moment. all at 100m. I used these targets to check the bullet drop at 100 m on a 25m zero. Luckily the wind was not acting up during the shoot.

Targets are A2 size, and in jpg format they are too large to display, hence the dropbox links.
    https://www.dropbox.com/s/fq5bxcfmh7...%2B%20eley.tif
    https://www.dropbox.com/s/djp2kpitys...%20fiocchi.tif
    https://www.dropbox.com/s/bqpp7anb5r...b%20sonics.tif

User

Nice results for the Lapua. Qaulity stuff

It would have been interesting to see CCi's and SB's also in the mix on this one.

My 22 likes Thunderbolts, Loves CCI's and I have yet to test with Lapua's.

User

Quote Originally Posted by Zillard View Post
    Hope you dont mind, but here are some of my ammo test results for the 6 different brands of ammo i have at the moment. all at 100m. I used these targets to check the bullet drop at 100 m on a 25m zero. Luckily the wind was not acting up during the shoot.

Targets are A2 size, and in jpg format they are too large to display, hence the dropbox links.
    https://www.dropbox.com/s/fq5bxcfmh7...%2B%20eley.tif
    https://www.dropbox.com/s/djp2kpitys...%20fiocchi.tif
    https://www.dropbox.com/s/bqpp7anb5r...b%20sonics.tif
    I presume the Lapua and Eley were subsonics? POI is very similar to the Rem Subs (which probably cost less than half of the Eley or Lapua per box, for rather good accuracy).

Are the horizontal lines spaced at 1"?

Your accuracy results (at least for Winchester, Thunderbolts and Rem Subs) are similar to my own experiences. What rifle is this?

See if you can get hold of "Guerilla" .22LR ammo. It's Armscor (from the Philipines I think, not ours) rebranded. Similar price point and accuracy as the Remingtons.

:- P

User

Quote Originally Posted by Pirate View Post
    I presume the Lapua and Eley were subsonics? POI is very similar to the Rem Subs (which probably cost less than half of the Eley or Lapua per box, for rather good accuracy).

Are the horizontal lines spaced at 1"?

Your accuracy results (at least for Winchester, Thunderbolts and Rem Subs) are similar to my own experiences. What rifle is this?

See if you can get hold of "Guerilla" .22LR ammo. It's Armscor (from the Philipines I think, not ours) rebranded. Similar price point and accuracy as the Remingtons.

Yes i believe they are sub sonics, unfortunately the box doesnt give any indication on muzzle velocity.

The lines were supposed to be 25mm apart, but somehow they seem a bit further apart when i printed them.

All shots done on a Savage Mark II BTV, using bipod, and a rear bag, to overcome my shooting short comings.

Ill look around for Some Guerillas, however, i find that .22 ammo is like hen's teeth nowadays.

User

Yes i believe they are sub sonics, unfortunately the box doesnt give any indication on muzzle velocity.

The lines were supposed to be 25mm apart, but somehow they seem a bit further apart when i printed them.

All shots done on a Savage Mark II BTV, using bipod, and a rear bag, to overcome my shooting short comings.

Ill look around for Some Guerillas, however, i find that .22 ammo is like hen's teeth nowadays.
    Those POIs match very well with the expected trajectory of subsonics and a 25m zero (my ballistic calculator says POI at 100m should be 29cm low)

Remington seems to be quite available round here, and a local supplier has got good stock of the Guerillas so I'm stocking up on them.

This bothers me. We have two gunshops in our little town. The one has only Remington and the other has S&B and something else (forgot the name). Is it really drying up or is it just the ripple waves of what happened in the U.S.A ?

User

Quote Originally Posted by killzone View Post
    This bothers me. We have two gunshops in our little town. The one has only Remington and the other has S&B and something else (forgot the name). Is it really drying up or is it just the ripple waves of what happened in the U.S.A ?
    This is exactly what led me to drive to JHB (4.5 hours one way), buy a few thousand .22LR rounds and drive back.

User

Default Re: ihawu .22 testing

POI performance can vary from batch to batch so if you do find ammo that shoots well in your rifle ..then stock up on the batch

Quote Originally Posted by golof View Post
    This is exactly what led me to drive to JHB (4.5 hours one way), buy a few thousand .22LR rounds and drive back.
    Damm ! My lic-app is almost finalised for my .22 rifle. Guess I'll have to stock up as well. A real pity about the whole Swartklip-thing.

User

So Arno have you found a round that works well in your shoosting stick?

Unfortunately the rounds im happiest with (Lapua SK Rifle match) is near impossible to get hold of. I bought some off a friend who managed to buy a case of it a few years back, and he is not willing to sell me what he has left. Also bought 2 boxes of Lapua SD when i did my DSS in 2012, and havent seen any Lapuas again after that.

Page 2 of 7 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 ... LastLast