Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 LastLast
    User

Quote Originally Posted by Dickie View Post
    Glenvista.

I removed a huge rainspider from my sons room a couple of days ago. About the size of my open hand. They are cool little creatures. I used a ice cream bucket and lid.

My rule is that if it can harm my children, it dies. If not, I let it be or in case of a large one I will relocate it to the garden.
    Usually I do exactly the same, spiders are great for getting rid of mosquitoes, flies and other unwanted insects in and around the house.

User

Default Re: Identify this spider

I cant believe you guys no nothing about spiders...that's an "incy wincy"

User

Have had a lot of these at home, also trying to figure out what they are. Until I know what species it is, I'll keep to my kill on site policy as I have a nine week old baby.

Did save this lady(?) the other day...

Sent from my GT-N8000 using Tapatalk

A friend of my also got tagged by a Violin Spider, He lost two fingers from it. He used to be an excellent guitar player but lost the important fingers.

User

Quote Originally Posted by P1LGR1M View Post
    Have had a lot of these at home, also trying to figure out what they are. Until I know what species it is, I'll keep to my kill on site policy as I have a nine week old baby.

Did save this lady(?) the other day...

Sent from my GT-N8000 using Tapatalk
    Isn't that a "Wawielspinnekop"? Asking out of pure curiosity. The striped yellow and black makes me think back to hunting days where a huge explosion of them took place, and you couldn't drive for 500m without ducking under one HUGE web spun over the dirt road by spiders that looked exactly like that one. I'm no good with spiders though.

Big Arachnophobiac, but I'm forcing myself to let the ones in my flat live. It's just better, specially those Daddy Long Legs ones. If you pick it up by one of the long front legs and turn it upside down it looks like it falls asleep. Lies completely still. Very cool.

User

Quote Originally Posted by Toxxyc View Post
    Isn't that a "Wawielspinnekop"? Asking out of pure curiosity. The striped yellow and black makes me think back to hunting days where a huge explosion of them took place, and you couldn't drive for 500m without ducking under one HUGE web spun over the dirt road by spiders that looked exactly like that one. I'm no good with spiders though.

Big Arachnophobiac, but I'm forcing myself to let the ones in my flat live. It's just better, specially those Daddy Long Legs ones. If you pick it up by one of the long front legs and turn it upside down it looks like it falls asleep. Lies completely still. Very cool.
    Not sure, we know it as a Rain spider. Still freaks me out regardless of what it is called.

Had to dig very deep to build up the courage to catch it.

Sent from my GT-I9190 using Tapatalk

My wife frequently lifts Rain Spiders from the curtains with her hands and takes them outside ........ I am not that partial to holding spiders mind so you would not find one on my hand.
    One too many wasted sunsets and one too many for the road .........

Quote Originally Posted by Andrew Leigh View Post
    My wife frequently lifts Rain Spiders from the curtains with her hands and takes them outside ........ I am not that partial to holding spiders mind so you would not find one on my hand.
    Looking at your avatar, it seems that you like other creepy crawlies though...

User

Quote Originally Posted by Toxxyc View Post

You not thinking of the orb web spiders?
    When you go through those webs at night, you hope and pray there was nobody home in the middle

User

Quote Originally Posted by Dickie View Post

Scytodes - Spitting Spider
    http://www.ispot.org.za/node/133201
    They prey on similar sized spiders like Sac and Violen spiders

The one in the video is not the SA species

Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 LastLast