Page 28 of 30 FirstFirst ... 18 26 27 28 29 30 LastLast

Thread: HELD UP

User

Default Re: HELD UP

Having only come across this thread nearly two months later I went cold when reading this. To 1911NS, your reason for sharing has hit home big time. Thank you very much for sharing your experience and giving me a serious wake up call. I will be calling a family meeting as soon as everyone has woken up. My families security awareness has become way too complacent. I hope you and your sister are doing well.

Quote Originally Posted by Co-aX View Post
    Having only come across this thread nearly two months later I went cold when reading this. To 1911NS, your reason for sharing has hit home big time. Thank you very much for sharing your experience and giving me a serious wake up call. I will be calling a family meeting as soon as everyone has woken up. My families security awareness has become way too complacent. I hope you and your sister are doing well.
    Thank you for the well wishes we are doing much better thank you.

Keep you and yours safe

User

Quote Originally Posted by 1911Nuffsaid View Post
    Thank you for the well wishes we are doing much better thank you.

Keep you and yours safe
    Any more news or updates?

Have you recovered 100%? You and sister allright now?

Did you get your pistol back? Have you switched over to a 9mm yet? ;)

User

User

This guy is a freaking legend. 1911Nuffsaid, I shared your experience with my wife and thereby convinced her to get her own firearm. :)

User

Funny how this thread just popped up again. I just mentioned him in another thread 2 days ago regarding the one up dramas. 1911 is my hero too. A brave brave man that faced evil and handed its ass back.

User

Sorry i saw this a while back and didn't post here. First off I'm glad you and your sister are safe
    Looking back over a situation we always tend to 'judge' our selfs and say/think "maybe i should have done this or that instead" or "i could have handled that situation better if i acted like this", don't be to hard on yourself mate you did the best you could under the circumstances and you came out on top. Hats off to you sir

Quote Originally Posted by 1911Nuffsaid View Post
    I heard footsteps running towards the room I was in and fired a shot into the wall scaring them away from the door. I checked my FA and went back out into the lounge to check on my sister, one of the BG's stood at the garage glass door and fired 2 shots my direction. I tried to return fire but realised I was empty . I then dropped my slide forward thinking if he saw my slide locked back they would know I was empty, stupid I know, but when
    I went out I remembered that I had lazily left my spare mag in the car door .
    Not stupid at all in my opinion. In the words of Hanibal Smith (The A-team The Series): "If you ignore the obvious you can get away with anything"

User

Ive kept this in the back of my mind since it happened and I keep thinking that if you had the spare mag on you, they would have fount it and then the gun. So, forgetting the mag in the car may have just saved your life. Even though you see it as a mistake.

Once again, well done to you. I just hope that if (touch wood) this should ever happen to me, that I can keep a cool head as you didand prevail.

SAS

Banned

Agreed.

User

3 things
    1. I am very glad you are safe and I admire your bravery! You handled the situation very well and your actions saved both you life and that of your sister. Never forget that. Trust me a time will come where your mind plays tricks on you and may cause you to feel different... It part of the process.
    2. Maybe get in contact with KevinF! You need to get counseling asap! I speak from personal experience
    3. I would like you to edit your post and remove the fine detail of the event. Putting information on a public forum like this may jeopardize your case going forward (at least until such time as you statements are submitted). Everything posted here may be tendered as evidence in your case... I would be hesitant to tender as much detail as you did before you are certain what direction your case will go in. Tell the story factually but in less detail. You never know what their stories would be, maybe they just came for a drink of water... These criminals are extremely sharp at manipulating the justice system with their lies and they also have access to well connected tax paid lawyers who complicate the process even further... They play on technicalities which you are not geared for to anticipate at this moment. I speak from experience....

There are three battles to be fought! You only won the first and that's what happened on the night! There are two more battles to be won... The emotional and the financial! You need to prepare yourself for both. I am aware that right now you are possibly functioning in survival mode and that right now you probably don't have the energy to think about these things. But you need to call in your infantry to help you get ready for whats to come. i don't mean to make life more difficult by saying what i am saying... I am trying to tell you that for the next few months life is going to be particularly difficult and if you are not ready for it, you will find it hard to keep head above water..., i recently survived a hijacking and Shot 2 of them, so please consider my advice to you sincere and coming from somebody who understands the toll this must be taking on you, but who have first hand experience in what happens in the aftermath of such an event...

And remember this too shall pass.

Feel free to pm me if you need have any questions... I am no expert but i can help by sharing my experience of what happens next.

Page 28 of 30 FirstFirst ... 18 26 27 28 29 30 LastLast