Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2
    User

Default Re: Small Push Daggers

last point on the nightshade versions... wasnt detectable at the security gate.

the reason i didnt mind the nightshade stuff was that i didnt see myself needing those teeny weeny blades for any other purpose other than piercing. not gonna use them for the functions shown

User

Hi Guys,
    Hope that you all had a great week ;D

I have carried my Cold Steel Urban Pal for quite some time now on my set of card keys and think it is an Awesome little push dagger which would work very well as tertiary or emergency type blade (cutting through seatbelts in the event of an accident etc.)

... In my opinion it is better to ensure that you have a blade of some sort (no matter how small) and not need it, than to really need one and not have it at hand in an emergency!

Another nice small blade Cold Steel blade that I purchased (which is not a push dagger type configuration) but is a wonderful little knife that has come in very hand and can also be carried on a keychain is the Cold Steel Super Edge

Stay sharp and have a wonderful peaceful weekend fighting0035

Kind regards,
    RobertC
    “Practice Peace, Train Chaos!”

i have a couple small push daggers in the works.when some wit decided to ask me what's the use of such a small blade i told him it's better than a weak wimper or a loud scream [read that line somewhere]
    i take knives to a gunfight

User

Quote Originally Posted by Craig
    Mmm, judging by the video, I can probably open letters quicker with my finger. confused0083

thought the exact same thing... :-X

User

I have the urban pal, its a great little knife when you need to be discreet. been through many pat downs and metal detectors with it.

on the proof DVD you see Lynn Thompson making some very impressive cuts (finger deep, about 8 inches long if memory serves) in big chunks of meat with it, using a punch-in-rip-down motion. its very intuitive and natural to use. its also very positive as far as retention and grip goes.

I did modify mine slightly- I cut away a little bit of kydex to increase the gap between the sheath and the t-grip to allow my fingers to 'get in there' easier. I also filed down the edges of the post that goes between the fingers. during some test cutting the fairly sharp 90 degree edges opened up the skin between my fingers.

favourite carry is static line, IWB appendix carry

as far as the utility uses shown in the video go, that's cool, but I'll keep mine for SD unless I absolutely need to use it for some other task.

User

Smile Pushdaggers

Knew a women who carried one as a neck knife.......

It got dislodged from the sheeth and she got cut.....Yes.... luckily not toooo serious. Needless to say she is not wearing anymore.

Decent little blade but the sheath sucks big time. I have given several as presents and every one has been lost due to non-retention of the sheath. I will never buy another. JMO
    Run Fast, Bite Hard!

User

Default Pushdagger

My guess would be to have look at the bearclaw's?

On some of them however you may end up with same problem as the wear and tear on the sheath increases?

User

yeah I wouldn't trust the urban pal's kydex sheath to retain the blade in a handle down neck knife carry.

CJ I love my bearclaw, have carried it for years with no degradation of the sheath. The lock stud is very positive. I did cut away a lot of the sheath material so that I can put my finger through the hole while it is still sheathed.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2