Page 15 of 17 FirstFirst ... 5 13 14 15 16 17 LastLast

Thread: Dog Food

User

Default Re: Dog Food

Rumour has it it is the same as the dark blue bags at some vet shops.

User

Been feeding our 4 dogs Optimizor for a couple of months already and must say I am very happy with it.

We buy the adult and puppy bags and mix it. They seem to be less hungry after eating, which to me says it is more filling (and hopefullybetterquality), although the Labie is a terrible measure as she is a compulsive eater.

Sent from my SM-N960F using Tapatalk

Thank you for the replies.

Banned

to date I have tried not to feed my collies one brand, I have always believed that the continuous assault of one dogs food brand kills dogs. I have always used ordinary off the Checkers shelf dog food, 2 brands mixed and always another brand next pack.

Now recently my little Parsons Terrior is not coping so well for some reason, so also interested in dog food education at present.

Good morning. Resurrection is in order I think. I have to/want to change brand again. All my dogs have been on Lifestyle Adult for a year or so. Unfortunately price have increased too much in my opinion, and there is only one supplier of this specific brand in my dorpie. Luckily a new mall opened and are home to the Checkers Pet-store and another franchise I can't recall now.

Anyway. Are dog-owners going back to Montego Classic, or is it still taboo? MC is currently a lot cheaper than Lifestyle, but I don't want any nasty vet-bills.

User

Quote Originally Posted by killzone View Post
    Good morning. Resurrection is in order I think. I have to/want to change brand again. All my dogs have been on Lifestyle Adult for a year or so. Unfortunately price have increased too much in my opinion, and there is only one supplier of this specific brand in my dorpie. Luckily a new mall opened and are home to the Checkers Pet-store and another franchise I can't recall now.

Anyway. Are dog-owners going back to Montego Classic, or is it still taboo? MC is currently a lot cheaper than Lifestyle, but I don't want any nasty vet-bills.
    We have a 5 year old Great Dane bitch that started stealing and eating socks at the age of 1 or 2. Vet said must be her diet, she was eating MC then. We changed to Hills which gave her constant diarrhea, Vets Choice and Royal Canine, same thing. Went over to Montego Karoo and the diarrhea was a bit less but still an issue. We went back to MC and she has been healthy and happy ever since. She hasn't been eating socks anymore either since then. Im sure its not the best and we havent tried all the different brands. YMMV.

Sent from my SM-G991B using Tapatalk

User

Was on MC but went back to Lionels as their coats got dull.

I believe the protein is pork rather than beef or chicken.

Mine are on Montego Karoo. Jock Multi and Optimiser both didn't work for the one with rash on the Multi and upset stomach on the Optimisor. Karoo not so cheap these days though

Thanks Guys

User

Had my bully on Karoo for a few years. This last batch he started crapping blood. R13,000 later was diagnosed with "dietary indiscretion". Basically, they didn't know what problem was, they just know it wasn't a virus or bacteria. Just when we had started him back on Karoo, he started crapping blood again.

Last time I buy that crap.

Page 15 of 17 FirstFirst ... 5 13 14 15 16 17 LastLast