Page 3 of 21 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 13 ... LastLast
    User

Default Re: Norinco vs. NEA?

There are Stags in SA. Or at least I know for a fact of 1 in SA

on the edge of the gene pool, playing with an open container of HTH

Quote Originally Posted by Andycap View Post
    just to throw a spanner in the works....how come we don't see Noveske or stag arms in SA?
    Stag Arms already have our numbers allocated to us. Paperwork.
    "Always remember to pillage before you burn"
    Unknown Barbarian

User

Quote Originally Posted by Michaelrp View Post

Khumba, I understand the hike due to rand dollar issues, it's killing us, luckily I will be paid in dollars as from next month, hence the search for and AR :-)

The problem is that I'll only have loot at the end of next month, what are your expectations of having stock at the end of next month, how fast do they go?
    The DDs will go FAST, I can assure you that. The Rand dive (freefall?) will make a lot of people spend the money NOW for reasons Khumba already stated. Other than that, they usually go fast anyway. I suggest you find the money to put together your deposit NOW. Just make sure you obtain the funds in a legitimate fashion

I had to make a plan to put down my R15k deposit a couple of days ago too. Didn't really have the cash in hand. I'm sure a bit of hardship now will seem insignificant later.

Michaelrp I wont be able to give you expert advice like some of the Gents here are able to give but I will share what should make your choice better. It is difficult to start your search with - "what brand". You said you are looking at A 14.5" barrel, thats A good place to start. You should next look at what material/steal you want that barrel made of, what barrel lining/twist you want, what sights, gas lenghts you want, DPMS/ARMALITE setups ect ect. Then in the end you will know what barrel you are looking for, that makes it easier to know which company produces/assembles rifles with the barrel you want. And so you can go on with most/all of the rifles components to see which brand offers A rifle closest to your specs. If you dont realy mind/care about whats inside your rifle and you just want to go by brand, you should buy the best you can afford. So far it seems that in this business you still get what you pay for. South Africa still being where it is at this moment, you might also want to take things like service/support ect into consideration.

User

Strange they are so much more there, Here in NZ the NEAs are about the same price as the Chinese copies, makes it a no brainer really!

http://www.trademe.co.nz/sports/hunt...-696237508.htm

Unfortunately our laws say no freestanding pistol grips (makes them more dangerous apparently, wtf!) and a mag limit of 7 otherwise they become E-Cat and have to be licenced individually, so we have to have thumbhole type stocks but otherwise we can buy them on our standart A-Cat licence!

User

I own both rifles and for me it is more a case of deciding between two cars that can do exactly the same BUT one is a better panty dropper than the other. If you want to spend 10k or 20k more for bragging rights it is perfectly understandable, but for all practical purposes the Norinco is all you will ever need in an AR platform.

Do your research on the Norinco before just writing it off as a cheap Chinese copy, this is a battle proven rifle http://www.thefirearmblog.com/blog/2...-ar-15-rifles/

User

Quote Originally Posted by karoo.vellies View Post
    I own both rifles and for me it is more a case of deciding between two cars that can do exactly the same BUT one is a better panty dropper than the other. If you want to spend 10k or 20k more for bragging rights it is perfectly understandable, but for all practical purposes the Norinco is all you will ever need in an AR platform.

Do your research on the Norinco before just writing it off as a cheap Chinese copy, this is a battle proven rifle http://www.thefirearmblog.com/blog/2...-ar-15-rifles/
    Difference is using your AR as a panty dropper can get you 7 to 14 years

Sent from my SM-P605 using Tapatalk

User

Jeez, you are seriously missing the point here

User

With reference to the OP question....
    neither.
    There are better options available that make economic sense, and fill that single- in most cases- license spot with a quality 5.56.
    Just to mention two.... New SIG 516s landed in the last 24 hours. Apart from being very competitive on a price basis, these are serious rifles, made by a legendary manufacturer that has been around making top end weapons for a loooong time. (they are all sold already, next shipment has apparently been ordered).
    Daniel Defence rifless are freely available- or we're a week ago. Possibly the finest example of a DI M4 platform ever made. They are pricy. But when you buy excellent gear you get what you pay for.
    the days of 12K quality SA files are gone until the rand recovers- which doesn't look likely.
    My0.0002 cents worth...

In a nutshell its unlikely the Chinese would replace their AK47s with anything less reliable yet it is clear that they are using large numbers of Norinco AR15s. It tells you something. And if anyone wants to argue that a Norinco AK isn't reliable, you don't know anything. The Norinco AR is entirely fit for purpose and it would not surprise me if testing found it to be more reliable than some USA made boutique brand products. I doubt it's any less reliable than my M16A1 and that has been proven fit for purpose. What more do you want unless you are looking for bragging rights? Okay, nitrided components do make sense - lots of it.

Sent from my GT-I8190 using Tapatalk
    Quemadmodum gladius neminem occidit: occidentis telum est.

Seneca (4 BC - 65 AD)

Page 3 of 21 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 13 ... LastLast