User

Default Who will/can import from Brownells

Is there anyone with the neccessary licenses that will import a bolt action from Brownells?

Default Re: Who will/can import from Brownells

Difficult company to do business with. We placed an order with them 8 months ago, with payment of US $2500, and the goods went "missing". Brownell's have since elected not to answer any of our calls or mail regarding this, so it looks like we are facing a pure loss of our money (±R18750).

We would certainly not be comfortable to place another oder with them if this is the way they do business. Especially seeing that they do not seem interested in sorting out their mess.

User

Hi Willie if you are a dealer please place your next post here http://www.gunsite.co.za/forum/index.php?topic=1906.0

Then contact Craig about signing up as a dealer on the site thanks.

User

I have placed several small orders with Brownells and I received all of them. The majority were shipped the day after the order was placed and some even shipped the same day.

What bolt action are you looking for - it may even be available in SA?.

User

Quote Originally Posted by Willie Du Toit
    Difficult company to do business with. We placed an order with them 8 months ago, with payment of US $2500, and the goods went "missing". Brownell's have since elected not to answer any of our calls or mail regarding this, so it looks like we are facing a pure loss of our money (±R18750).

We would certainly not be comfortable to place another oder with them if this is the way they do business. Especially seeing that they do not seem interested in sorting out their mess.
    As a registered Brownells LE dealer I have placed numerous orders with them and haven't had a single problem whatsoever even with problem items such as gunparts, they go out of their way everytime. The problems usually sets in when the package arrives in SA, Ive had items worth R35000 gone missing from a registered Fedex parcel, the parcel was opened at SA customs and between them and the delivery point the goods went missing. After the goods have left Brownells the responsibility for the goods are no longer with them but with the shipping company, if you therefore choose not to make use of insured shipping and your goods do go missing, you are totally responsible for your own loss. Another problem when ordering gun parts these days is getting the right export permit authorised by the US State Department. Processing time for export permits takes between 1 and 9 months at a cost of $250 per application. No goods will leave the US without the authorised forms, and anyone in the US caught trying to sidestep the system can face huge fines and prison time and the international receiver of the goods also gets placed on a "black list" which prohibits any future shipment from the US to you.

I have also ordered a metric shitton of stuff from them. Never any hassles.

One package went missing and it was replaced, free, in record time.
    Cattle die, kindred die, every man is mortal:
    But I know one thing that never dies,
    the glory of the great dead.
    Havamal

Most everyone seems to refect my experience - helpful, efficient & a pleasure to do business with tup