Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

Default About the Hunt South Africa Forum

Hi All,

Hunt South Africa is our new dedicated hunting forum, here are the details: http://www.huntsouthafrica.co.za/

What is Hunt South Africa?

In a nutshell, it's GunSite, for hunters.

Why Hunt South Africa then?

Well, we've toyed with the idea for a while, 2 years in fact and finally thought we should push ahead with it. The main reason being that we recognise that there are some people that just want to chat about hunting, and that not all people that like guns, like hunting, and visa versa. This is the place for those folks.

Tell me more, there are some familiar people on there.

A couple years ago we mirrored the GunSite database and built Hunt South Africa around this. So, this means if you registered on GunSite before this point, you already have a profile on there, maybe even some posts. (sorry)

If you want to start with a fresh username, get in touch and I'll either delete your old profile or change your username for you.

Being a fairly new forum with a blank canvas, we're looking for ideas and suggestions to make this everything that you would like a dedicated hunting forum to be.

Comments, thoughts, ideas, suggestions are all welcome.

If you have any questions, get in touch either here or via email. admin@huntsouthafrica.co.za

Cheers,

Craig

User

Default Re: About the Hunt South Africa Forum

Hi Craig / Frank / Admin team

Looks good, thank you.

I'm wondering if you will end up move the current hunting section on GunSite over to Hunt SA / Jag SA? I would think that migrating it would be best, get the pain over and done with and not have the same info duplicated in various forms. Maybe migrate it and hyperlink the current hunting section threads across for the teething period. Simple link reference for the people that will take time to adjust?

Does being a paid member on GunSite automatically make me a paid member on the new forum?

Keep up the good work !

User

Moomin, jy dink soos jou gat!

Actually, I prefer to get all my gun related info in one place! I don't like switching from one web page to another the whole time.

Secondly, GS will have waaaaay more users as it caters for all FA enthusiasts, therefore introducing new guys to hunting.

And before you ask, yes I'm registered on HAS, but under a different username.

User

Gunsite is the only forum I frequent and I also like everything in one place, but will certainly check it out.

User

Quote Originally Posted by rboshoff View Post
    Sarie oom...

You have a valid point rboshoff. I was just checking.

Quote Originally Posted by Moomin View Post
    Hi Craig / Frank / Admin team

Looks good, thank you.

I'm wondering if you will end up move the current hunting section on GunSite over to Hunt SA / Jag SA? I would think that migrating it would be best, get the pain over and done with and not have the same info duplicated in various forms. Maybe migrate it and hyperlink the current hunting section threads across for the teething period. Simple link reference for the people that will take time to adjust?

Does being a paid member on GunSite automatically make me a paid member on the new forum?

Keep up the good work !
    Thanks, your account over there has been activated

We're not going to migrate anything else over there now as it's mess up the database there. The duplicate content there is quite old now, so it shouldn't be too much of an issue. Unfortunately being a paid member here doesn't translate onto HSA, but that's because the databases aren't sync'd. It's a different forum, so things are a little different there anyway.

Quote Originally Posted by rboshoff View Post

Actually, I prefer to get all my gun related info in one place! I don't like switching from one web page to another the whole time.

Secondly, GS will have waaaaay more users as it caters for all FA enthusiasts, therefore introducing new guys to hunting.

And before you ask, yes I'm registered on HAS, but under a different username.
    You're right and this will apply to most GunSiters. GunSite will stay the same, we're looking to add something new for the guys that are only interested in hunting and users who aren't on GS.

Quote Originally Posted by Wesley View Post
    Gunsite is the only forum I frequent and I also like everything in one place, but will certainly check it out.
    Again, you're right and this applies to most I'd suspect. I was keen to highlight the site as guys would see it, recognise the similarities and wonder what was up.

User

Very nice looking forum and I really like the layout, just going to need to get used to going to two forums.

User

I don't think all the functions work correctly on "HSA". I have played with the displayed age - no go and neither does the e-mail notification work. I have basically copied my setting from here onto there, no go. Maybe I missed something.

I'll look into it.

Quote Originally Posted by Moomin View Post
    I don't think all the functions work correctly on "HSA". I have played with the displayed age - no go and neither does the e-mail notification work. I have basically copied my setting from here onto there, no go. Maybe I missed something.
    I've updated that, let me know if it still isn't working.

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast