Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
    User

Default How many rounds do you use?

This is primarily for the IPSC and IDPA shooters

How many rounds do you run through your FA in a given month. Obviously all of you reload so how much do you invest in a month on reloading consumables (ie powder, primers ect)?

SAS

User

Default Re: How many rounds do you use?

On average, 2 Club Shoots (150 rounds total)... 1 League match (150 rounds) and some practice sessions (250 rounds a time, twice a month, sometimes more)... is about 800 to 1000 rounds a month.

R1.30 per round... you can work it out I guess?

And that is just pistol (excludes shotgun).

User

Not nearly enough...
    200-300 per month.
    Should hopefully increase when I start IPSC with the IDPA.

The new Sports Shooter magazine has a nice break down of costs involved in reloading.

R300/1000 primers (cheap russian primers)
    R300/MP200
    R700/1000 124g CMJ
    Brass picked up at one of the indoor ranges...
    +-R1.30 a round.

Costs depend on quantity bought and type of bullets/powder/primers. 100 CMJ bullets will cost more per bullet than 1000 bullets, ditto primers. I have some winchester primers that were +R400/1000 and were the only primers I could get during the drought.

My limitation is that I don't reload yet (meaning I'm looking at R3+ per round), as I have a gun that is probably not ideal for reloaded lead bullets.

Once I address that concern, I hope to push up my round count considerably. At the moment it is so low you regular shooters will laugh at me.

User

thanx for the input guys

Between 300 and 600 if I'm lucky. Still too broke to shoot more.

Reload .40 at around R2.30 (all in with once fired brass that I bought) and have yet to start reloading for the .45, bought factory ammo to make some brass at around R6 a pop.

Will cry once the FAL gets here though. Will seriously need a 9mm.

User

At the moment investing in a lot of training so my figures are maybe a bit off but it would vary anywhere between 300 to 800 per month of 9mm. On average probably 400 - a SADPA League match and club match with a small quantity to spare.

User

There are four people in my family that are shooting and we are shooting (IPSC) a lot, I always tend to take extra to league matches, and also to club shoots, so if the four us all go and shoot at a league 1000 rounds is normally enough just for that match with a few to spare so we take 200 each with the extra 200 rounds I do this because I would rather have left over than run out, there are normally a few left over, I estimate that we are shooting about 600 - 800 a month each, that's with all the events, normally a club shoot, league, and practice, and occasionally a steel challenge. P.S we all chip in and and are reloading together. Luckily we all shooting 9mm P.

Before I bought a house and funds became an issue, I was practicing 200 rounds a day, five days a week (on the range every afternoon after work), plus two league matches per month (I would say about 120 to 150 rounds per match) ... I mainly do these type of figures for a month or two before a big match. The rest of the time I shoot about 400 rounds a week if work allows me to get to the range before dark.

At the moment I am lucky if I get to shoot 300 rounds a week, but hopefully that and the financial situation will change for teh better again soon and I can get back to the range more frequently again ...

I dry fire about a 1000 times a week. Live ammo about 150 to 200 a week.

All in cost is about a grand a month

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast