Page 3 of 12 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 ... LastLast
    KFP

Default Re: IDPA Povisional Multi Gun Rules

Quote Originally Posted by Khumba
    may still be modified for SA specific requirements like .22 (for which, btw, IDPA has already been canvassed).
    Perhaps you can also explain to the yanks that anybody in SA who uses a semi-auto rifle defensively e.g farmers, security officers - will never in a million years venture outdoors with 10 rounds in a mag !!! Even if they've only got a grass green teensy weensy baby rifle hpy71

The 10 round mag cap limit is not, in my view, related to the now sunsetted AWB. It is to ensure a level playing field between all competitors(for instance a guy with an SKS can compete with a guy who shoots an AR), to prevent IDPA from being an equipment race, and to force reloads without having 150 round stages.
    Cattle die, kindred die, every man is mortal:
    But I know one thing that never dies,
    the glory of the great dead.
    Havamal

User

Quote Originally Posted by SSP
    The 10 round mag cap limit is not, in my view, related to the now sunsetted AWB. It is to ensure a level playing field between all competitors(for instance a guy with an SKS can compete with a guy who shoots an AR), to prevent IDPA from being an equipment race, and to force reloads without having 150 round stages.
    What he said, consider the capacity limit an opportunity to practise mag changes.

Quote Originally Posted by BigT
    Quote Originally Posted by SSP
    What he said, consider the capacity limit an opportunity to practise mag changes.
    +1 I agree

User

Quote Originally Posted by Khumba
    KFP,

"IDPA rules Will supercede the interim SADPA rules and IDPA rules may still be modified for SA specific requirements like .22 (for which, btw, IDPA has already been canvassed)."
    In my books it will be OK if they allow it (.22) only on club level shoots like they do for the BUG division.

What about allowing DB shotguns......at least for club competitions?

Considering the gun legislation we are stuck with in this country . It will be becoming quite expensive and very time consuming to join a different organisation for each gun. I think it should be considered. .22, DB SG's, Leveractions...

KFP

Yikes Big T, when I'm having to do mag changes with my 35 round mags in a " defensive" situation I think I'm in very deep brown stuff and should probably be thinking of calling for some air support hpy71

BulM5rocks

Why d'you want air support - isn't there a big bore division ?

Surely 155mm G5 howitzer would fit in there ? happy0065

Quote Originally Posted by KFP
    Yikes Big T, when I'm having to do mag changes with my 35 round mags in a " defensive" situation I think I'm in very deep brown stuff and should probably be thinking of calling for some air support hpy71

There is merit in practising skills that may one day be required, however unlikely. Lets face it: a rifle gunfight is extremely unlikely for a civilian. We still practice the skills though.

Also, IDPA is a game. Those are the rules.
    Cattle die, kindred die, every man is mortal:
    But I know one thing that never dies,
    the glory of the great dead.
    Havamal

User

+1 SSP and BigT.

CJ you can play with a DB we've had guys play with a SB!

KFP

Doesn't the IDPA rulebook state "The International Defensive Pistol Association (IDPA) is the governing body of a shooting sport that simulates self-defense scenarios and real life encounters

Just picture the scenario "Frik, the farmer wakes up in the middle of the night - he hears a noise coming from the cow shed. He walks over to the window and sees a group of armed men stealing his cattle. He shouts at them to stop stealing his cattle - the BGs start firing at him. He runs over to the bed and grabs his 10 shot LM 5 to defend himself.

Ja sure ..................... very likely hpy194

Page 3 of 12 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 ... LastLast