Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ... 4 5 6
    User

Default Re: Talk to me about bullet proof vests

Quote Originally Posted by Bushboy View Post
    We have not tested them all together though.
    Gonna be expensive... but I'm in!
    [b]Be ready for anything, and if his head is not at least two meters away from the body, do not 'assume' he is dead and out of the fight.[/b] [I]- Ikor[/I]

Quote Originally Posted by JS4 View Post
    Gonna be expensive... but I'm in!
    ... the vest... Thats the spirit, I admire your faith in our products!

on the edge of the gene pool, playing with an open container of HTH

Quote Originally Posted by Kayback View Post
    Nice. This vest looks of a similar layout to the old LAPD SWAT Raid vest or am I not see-ing it correctly? I'm also curious about the contact shot resistance these vests, soft armour and the polyethylene plates.

Thanks again for pushing the boundaries.
    It's 'more better' than that... our side panels are an extension of the large back panel (in inverted "T") and wrap around the front to provide continuous protection... we were shocked to learn that panels of Kevlar are pretty useless as far as 75mm in from all their edges, so we tried to eliminate as many edges as possible... leading to higher costs.

Then the front apron (the front load bearing plate carrier) has a damned large piece of Kevlar laminate in it which overlaps the cummerbund 'wings' to double the Kevlar in the frontal area not covered by the plate.

AFAIK the LAPD door kicker vest had standard separate panels of Kevlar (albeit 35 layers) making their vest much heavier, but not more effective. Also, as per the 'floating' apron on our vest the vest articulates on the body so there's a significant mobility and comfort advantage. Our vest is designed for long-term sustained wearing, not to be donned for a half hour every week or so when someone needs a crack house breached.

Sure, you can 'get away' with smaller patches of Kevlar (each with a 75mm border of less effectiveness), but me... If I really, REALLY need to get shot, I'd rather be wearing one of the Ogre Tac Vests.
    "Always remember to pillage before you burn"
    Unknown Barbarian

User

Quote Originally Posted by Bushboy View Post
    ... the vest... Thats the spirit, I admire your faith in our products!

Always a catch with you nê?
    [b]Be ready for anything, and if his head is not at least two meters away from the body, do not 'assume' he is dead and out of the fight.[/b] [I]- Ikor[/I]

User

Quote Originally Posted by Paul View Post
    It's 'more better' than that... our side panels are an extension of the large back panel (in inverted "T") and wrap around the front to provide continuous protection... we were shocked to learn that panels of Kevlar are pretty useless as far as 75mm in from all their edges, so we tried to eliminate as many edges as possible... leading to higher costs.
    Cool, thanks for the info.

Like I said, I can't wait to come visit you guys again and hopefully see one.

KBK

Quote Originally Posted by Kayback View Post
    Cool, thanks for the info.

Like I said, I can't wait to come visit you guys again and hopefully see one.

KBK
    We've placed an order (outside of the large quantity for our client's high risk teams) for 10 this week to test delivery times, etc.
    Unknown Barbarian

User

Quote Originally Posted by Paul View Post

Then the front apron (the front load bearing plate carrier) has a damned large piece of Kevlar laminate in it which overlaps the cummerbund 'wings' to double the Kevlar in the frontal area not covered by the plate.

AFAIK the LAPD door kicker vest had standard separate panels of Kevlar (albeit 35 layers) making their vest much heavier, but not more effective. Also, as per the 'floating' apron on our vest the vest articulates on the body so there's a significant mobility and comfort advantage. Our vest is designed for long-term sustained wearing, not to be donned for a half hour every week or so when someone needs a crack house breached.

Sure, you can 'get away' with smaller patches of Kevlar (each with a 75mm border of less effectiveness), but me... If I really, REALLY need to get shot, I'd rather be wearing one of the Ogre Tac Vests.

the shoulder clips look a lot like the condor modular vest clips, by the ribs:

although in my little bit of reading up on condor vests, i've never read anything bad about the clips. however can the clips be replaced if something catastrophic happens?

Quote Originally Posted by Lian View Post
    however can the clips be replaced if something catastrophic happens?
    Part of our design spec is that everything MUST be locally sourced.
    Unknown Barbarian

User

no no i understand that, our own "Berry compliancy" is pretty cool. I'm just assuming the clips CAN be physically removed and replaced, IF needed...

Quote Originally Posted by Lian View Post
    no no i understand that, our own "Berry compliancy" is pretty cool. I'm just assuming the clips CAN be physically removed and replaced, IF needed...
    Absolutely!
    Unknown Barbarian

Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ... 4 5 6