Page 2 of 21 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 12 ... LastLast
    User

Default Re: NSA Dedicated status

Thank you Rick. I will most likelly be at Andy sometime this month with the SAPS practical pistol shoot hopefully we will be having a shoot this month. I will talk to him and get more info. Your name sounds very familiar though.....

User

Instead of starting a whole new thread, and I dont mean to jack this one, but I'm also eager to get DSS "quicker" so to speak. Im planning on doing competency in the next 2-3 weeka for slr and submitting that in the mean time. My last competency took like 4 weeks.

I want to go the sadpa route to get dss but I dont have the patience to go through a whole 2 months of shooting at different clubs to aquire the set amount of point for sadpa dss. 2 months of shooting and another 2-3 months to wait for the license. (Planning on doing a section 21 but thats a whole different story) Can I do/get my dss through nsa to submit my rifle app and section 21 but use my sadpa points at the end of the year to maintain my dss status and basically not use nsa to maintain dss?

Also, if I used nsa as dss could I use the motivation in my sec 21 app that I need the rifle asap because there is a 3 gun sadpa shoot in x amount of weeks?

Im just worried that it might cause poo to use one body to motivate it for another.

As always, your guys insight is valued.

User

You can have DSS with more than one body.

So yes you can.

User

Well damn, that was quick! Thank you BigHunter!

Guess I will be mailing and calling nsa tomorrow then and hopefully in the gunshop by the end of the month!

User

Just a question about the targets you have to submit. Must the range officer be present when you shoot them? I would think so else it would be a matter of punching some holes with your pen and submitting them. This would kill all clubs presenting these courses.

I notified the range officer that I was shooting the exercise and asked if he was qualified to sign the target. He said yes, I left him to decide if he wanted to witness. I will say that there were only three people on the range so was easy to control.

The originals must be posted to NSA, you would battle to fool them frankly.
    One too many wasted sunsets and one too many for the road .........

User

NSA recently bust a few poepols who tried to fool them by shooting multiple targets at once by stacking them and putting different names and dates on them. I really dont see the point as I shoot to compete against myself and measure my improvement. And only needing 2 targets a year to maintain DSS, is cheating even necessary??? Who shoots less than twice a year?

User

Unfortunately there will always be fools who try and spoil it for the rest of us. I dont has any dedicated status yet, but shoot much more than twice a year. I suspect that a lot of non-sport shooters are trying to get dss as a first step to get a licence for a slr

User

This Nsa thing can be the downfall for all who wants to get dss. Just need someone from the police to pick this loophole up. Id rather do it through a hunting or sport shooting club.

User

Quote Originally Posted by BSA303 View Post
    This Nsa thing can be the downfall for all who wants to get dss. Just need someone from the police to pick this loophole up. Id rather do it through a hunting or sport shooting club.
    Loophole? Please clarify the loophole, seems the legal way.

Sent from my GT-N7000 using Tapatalk

Page 2 of 21 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 12 ... LastLast