Page 2 of 14 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 12 ... LastLast
    User

Default Re: Posse call up! BS spread about firearms

I have sent email to SAGA, we must act as one, otherwise the same thing will happen as it did with the Firearms control Act. GFSA was instrumental in its design because we did nothing!!!!

User

Quote Originally Posted by Bertie1 View Post
    I have sent email to SAGA, we must act as one , otherwise the same thing will happen as it did with the Firearms control Act. GFSA was instrumental in its design because we did nothing!!!!
    I hope you told them (SAGA) that in no uncertain terms. I am not a SAGA member, thus I have no place in telling them what they should and should not do.

User

User

I don't care much for the oscar nonsense, what is getting me really upset though is the nonsense the media is streaming now with hollow points being illegal and people like above who get air time to spew their nonsense.

Sadly I am not on any social media otherwise I would've chimed in.

The girls who drove with me in the lift club last night, they are real keen to follow the trial etc and when I suddenly heard on the radio about the bullets etc, I became quiet and they could see I was getting upset.

So I had to explain to them the nonsense people is allowed to spew and that hollow points are perfectly legal and necessary. I then explained when needing to use deadly force, it is last resort so you need to be sure it will work, hence why using hollow points.

*sigh* I can't tolerate to follow all this, just makes me mad. The uneducated masses..

User

The thing about media is that they love half truths and out of context reporting.

Expansion ammunition is illegal for military use (some convention/treaty) and then only when fighting war. For internal protection even the Military can use them. This was done due to the fact that when a soldier is shot he does not have to die as he is a bigger drain on resources and moral if he survives wounded.

For police and personal protection you need incapacitation and something that does not over penetrate.

So yes, Dum dum's are illegal, but not in the context that they are using it.
    This is one of the reasons I don't have any of the punisher logos on my guns. If ever I have to defend against a threat, I am not giving the media that BS to run with.

If this ammunition is illegal , then CFR would be at fault.

User

Quote Originally Posted by ravingDIODE View Post
    I don't care much for the oscar nonsense, what is getting me really upset though is the nonsense the media is streaming now with hollow points being illegal and people like above who get air time to spew their nonsense.

Sadly I am not on any social media otherwise I would've chimed in.

The girls who drove with me in the lift club last night, they are real keen to follow the trial etc and when I suddenly heard on the radio about the bullets etc, I became quiet and they could see I was getting upset.

So I had to explain to them the nonsense people is allowed to spew and that hollow points are perfectly legal and necessary. I then explained when needing to use deadly force, it is last resort so you need to be sure it will work, hence why using hollow points.

*sigh* I can't tolerate to follow all this, just makes me mad. The uneducated masses..
    Fortunately the press do not write the laws. :)

User

Idiots, they all around us. Wish I had Twitter to try and educate this dumbass, although I have a feeling it would not work as this guy seems to be as brain dead as Malema

User

Quote Originally Posted by The Beast View Post
    The thing about media is that they love half truths and out of context reporting.

Expansion ammunition is illegal for military use (some convention/treaty) and then only when fighting war. For internal protection even the Military can use them. This was done due to the fact that when a soldier is shot he does not have to die as he is a bigger drain on resources and moral if he survives wounded.

For police and personal protection you need incapacitation and something that does not over penetrate.

So yes, Dum dum's are illegal, but not in the context that they are using it.
    This is one of the reasons I don't have any of the punisher logos on my guns. If ever I have to defend against a threat, I am not giving the media that BS to run with.

If this ammunition is illegal , then CFR would be at fault.
    Do us a favour and get some Hello Kitty, Justin Bieber, One Direction themes for your guns. It would be fantastic in the news

User

If you can get SAGA to do something useful, drinks are on me. Don't get your hopes up, they've been useless for some time now.

User

Quote Originally Posted by Tetelestai View Post
    If you can get SAGA to do something useful, drinks are on me. Don't get your hopes up, they've been useless for some time now.
    Hell, I'd buy him a single malt or a keg of his choosing if he gets it right.

Page 2 of 14 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 12 ... LastLast