User

Default Citizens pin down robbers in Natal

From Chief Clark's page, brilliant!

Citizens pin down robbers

Yesterday morning (Sunday, 9th) local businessman and resident, Mr Warren Schultz heard a commotion on the N3 freeway below his house. He went outside to investigate. “I could see a man on the freeway waving for my attention and pointing into the bush between my house and the freeway.” He realised something serious was going on as more shouting was heard and another man ran from across the freeway to the Durban bound side.

“Just then two men emerged from the bush at the perimeter of my property.” said Schulz. “One was carrying what looked like a knife.” The duo made their way up the embankment and to the driveway. “These guys were definitely up to no good.” He continued, and said he verbally challenged them. Warren then alleges that the two suspects looked as if they were going to come towards him. He drew his private firearm and ordered them to lie on the ground. They retreated instead and took refuge back into the bush.

During this time his wife had already summoned the Police and Westville SAPS Crime Prevention members were shortly on the scene. “I had kept a close eye on where they might move to so I could direct the SAPS when they arrived.” said Schultz. A few minutes later the Police returned out of the bush to the yard with the same two suspects and a woman’s purse. It was discovered shortly after that a female pedestrian had allegedly been held up by the two suspects and passing motorists who had seen the incident and stopped, drove the suspects to try and hide.

The two suspects, aged 28 and 24, were arrested and detained at Westville SAPS. Detectives are investigating a case of common robbery and the two are expected to appear in court soon.

Acting Westville SAPS Station Commander, Lt Col Tommy Stewart, applauded the actions of everyone involved. He especially thanked Mr Shultz for standing his ground and aiding the Police in the arrest.

https://www.facebook.com/pages/C-3-C...300204?fref=ts

User

Default Re: Citizens pin down robbers in Natal

Nice. I wish there was a "Chief Clark" in my area.

User

Default Re: Citizens pin down robbers in Natal

Quote Originally Posted by Tetelestai View Post
    Nice. I wish there was a "Chief Clark" in my area.
    That makes two of us!