Page 1 of 31 1 2 3 11 ... LastLast

Default john welch's comments

i did not watch the interview,but was told that he said that only firearms licensed for sd can be carried and used for sd.seems that some training providers also perpetuate this myth.
    so what now?can we expect people with s15/16 firearms on them to be arrested?
    i take knives to a gunfight

User

Default Re: john welch's comments

Quote Originally Posted by harm View Post
    i did not watch the interview,but was told that he said that only firearms licensed for sd can be carried and used for sd.seems that some training providers also perpetuate this myth.
    so what now?can we expect people with s15/16 firearms on them to be arrested?
    He is the SAGA spokesperson: his opinion is just that - his opinion. It has not changed the way the law is written or how it can be interpreted. He is not doing us any favours by misrepresenting out cause, and I actually suggest that SAGA be written out of any further involvement in representing firearms owners.

User

Glad i didnt join them. But we need someone to fight for the legal responsible firearm owners in sa. We are being butchered and bullied in the media and no one can stand together and fight for our rights.

User

How a man can be so wrong about something basic like this and attempt to represent members of SAGA is beyond me.

We just can't seem to get our shit together as firearm owners.

on the edge of the gene pool, playing with an open container of HTH

Does someone have a link to the interview. I had always held John Welch in high regard so would be dismayed if he had indeed scored an/several 'own goal(s)'.
    "Always remember to pillage before you burn"
    Unknown Barbarian

User

Quote Originally Posted by Manservant View Post
    He is the SAGA spokesperson: his opinion is just that - his opinion. It has not changed the way the law is written or how it can be interpreted. He is not doing us any favours by misrepresenting out cause, and I actually suggest that SAGA be written out of any further involvement in representing firearms owners.
    how can he be a spokesperson if he sprouts such blatant BS? surely he should be fired on the spot?

User

+1 on a link.

I am utterly disappointed, if what was reported here is correct. *sigh*
    [b]Be ready for anything, and if his head is not at least two meters away from the body, do not 'assume' he is dead and out of the fight.[/b] [I]- Ikor[/I]

User

Quote Originally Posted by Paul View Post
    Does someone have a link to the interview. I had always held John Welch in high regard so would be dismayed if he had indeed scored an/several 'own goal(s)'.
    Quote Originally Posted by JS4 View Post
    +1 on a link.

I am utterly disappointed, if what was reported here is correct. *sigh*
    Watched it live last night, so did Springer. I don't know Mr. Welch from a bar of soap, so I have no reference framework with regards to his level of competency in discussing these things. I was utterly horrified by the things that came out of his mouth in such a short interview, however.

Paul/JS4. I have sent Derek Watts a message requesting a link to the interview last night, either Audio or Visual. Will see what comes of it. Further to that, Mr Welsh did say (can't recall exact words), in a conversation about legally carrying a weapon, that in SA if you are licensed to own a gun you are legally allowed to carry it, as long as it is licensed for SD. At the time they were comparing the gun laws in SA to those in the US.

User

Quote Originally Posted by Springer View Post
    Paul/JS4. I have sent Derek Watts a message requesting a link to the interview last night, either Audio or Visual. Will see what comes of it. Further to that, Mr Welsh did say (can't recall exact words), in a conversation about legally carrying a weapon, that in SA if you are licensed to own a gun you are legally allowed to carry it, as long as it is licensed for SD. At the time they were comparing the gun laws in SA to those in the US.
    That's about the same as I heard.

Page 1 of 31 1 2 3 11 ... LastLast