Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: CZ Buffoon

User

Default CZ Buffoon

Hi guys, I am quite new to this site and also to my CZ75 07 Duty which is a fantastic weapon. I would like to ask a question. While disassembling it, I stupidly forgot to remove the magazine with 17 shiny rounds in it. None chambered. The book says do not do this and I underastand the safety aspect. The slide came off easily, sliding over the round in magazine.
    My question is, did this once off practice - not to be repeated - have caused any damage to the slide, ejector, magazine etc. Everything seems ok, just a little paranoid
    Any help.

Banned

Default Re: CZ Buffoon

doubt it, just your pride, lol

The most important step was not racking the slide a few times before taking it down.

Remedy the FLAW with your safety procedure.FA should be fine.

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by Taranis View Post
    The most important step was not racking the slide a few times before taking it down.
    Why, and any other tips please?

User

Quote Originally Posted by Ds J View Post
    Why, and any other tips please?
    Firstly welcome to the CZ family. the why...so you make sure the chamber is clear, and then you would have noticed shiny new JHP's flying out of it...dropped the magazine, and never repeated the mistake again? Not to worry I am a noob too, I learn from your mistake hehehe!

Quote Originally Posted by Ryno Albrecht View Post
    Firstly welcome to the CZ family. the why...so you make sure the chamber is clear, and then you would have noticed shiny new JHP's flying out of it...dropped the magazine, and never repeated the mistake again? Not to worry I am a noob too, I learn from your mistake hehehe!
    Thanks Ryno. Plenty noobs here, even some with 1783 posts ;-)

Banned

Oh man, oh man - I got the grammar all wrong! He wrote "The most important step was not racking the slide a few times before taking it down." I understood that the most important part would be to abstain from racking the slide. Facepalm!!!

User

I have also done this and it damaged my pride but most definitely not my CZ Duty, you should be good to go. Just in future advice to me and many others ensure that the firearm is clear before disassembly.

You must be glad you dont own a glock or M&P now and went the CZ route.
    Wait for it, I am going to be basted now!
    Im just saying, you need to pull the trigger on those as part of the dissasembly process, imagine it had a round in the chamber!
    That is why you should always clear a weapon before handling it imo.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast