Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread: Eye protection

User

Default Eye protection

I shall be attending my first day on a range where I will actually be more than just an observer come the 21st of November : happy0065

I used to play airsoft - and still have the Revision goggles I used. Will they be suitable for eye protection on the day? Or would it be prudent to buy decent duty made shooting glasses now and get it over and done with?

There are only two things that bother me about the Revisions:
    1. I don't know if they will stop a ricochet
    2. They are goggles - and they do tend to fog up a bit.

If the wise men and ladies of this forum feel that my precious eye sight is not protected sufficiently with the Revisions - what do they suggest I get?
    I'm working on a tight budget - so I'm looking for decent eye protection at a reasonable (NOT LOOKING FOR ELCHEAPO's) price.
    Reasonable for me is between R300 - R400.

I thank you for all the advice and the "point in the right direction" that you are all sure to give. hpy180

User

Default Re: Eye protection

check out this thread. imo the rudy projects are the way to go, albeit out of your budget...

http://www.gunsite.co.za/forum/index.php?topic=4211.0

User

check out Military & Security Eqipment in the dealer's Section - Mentions some eyewear in your price range - looks good!

User

I have been testing some Revision glasses for the last couple of months. Full report to follow but they are outstanding. Not the cheapest put there but money very well spent.

User

Quote Originally Posted by BigT
    I have been testing some Revision glasses for the last couple of months. Full report to follow but they are outstanding. Not the cheapest put there but money very well spent.
    Cool - I'll make do with the ones I have for now.

Are you going on the SWATG course? Swattie used to sell a pretty decent pair of shooting glasses for a very fair price IIRC? Bobster?
    Run Fast, Bite Hard!

User

Quote Originally Posted by ikor
    Are you going on the SWATG course? Swattie used to sell a pretty decent pair of shooting glasses for a very fair price IIRC? Bobster?
    Jip 8) on the 21st - I'm saving up for a *CENSORED* grn1 - so I don't want to spend too much money now - would rather use stuff that I already have - but I have grown to like my eyes in the present condition - and would spend all the money necessary to make sure they are protected on the range.

I have a son that likes to test whatever he can get his hands on. Over a period of time I have accumulated a few ods and ends regarding eye protection. These have become unsuitable to use any further as they have become quite scratched. From his 'un-scientifical' tests.....Darcs has emerged as quite a good choice. They remain relatively reasonably priced and they seem to be able to take more than a fair share of punishment before compromising the safety of your eyes.

User

Revision, ESS, Rudy Project and Oakley are available here in SA and has "pedigree" as ballistic polycarbonate glasses. I would go with at least some degree of ballistic pedigree when it comes to "shooting" glasses.

Imo , If you are very serious about your shooting glasses, full frame glasses are better than semi frame glasses purely because of the lense support.

I bought my one son Revision Hell Fly's and they are quite nice and my only serious gripe is the fact that the lenses cannot be replaced = not to good for the price imo. http://www.revisioneyewear.com/hellfly.html

I bought my other son ESS CDI glasses - they are cheaper than the Revisions and lenses can be replaced. http://www.esseyepro.com/High-Adrena..._category.html

The best ballistic lenses available currently are made by Rudy Project and are marketed as the ImpactX range of lenses. These are the only "soft" ballistic lenses that I know of and guaranteed unbreakable. Very expensive (due to tech?) at around 3 - 4 times the price of Revisions and even more so compared to ESS.
    http://www.rudyprojectusa.com/technology/impactx.htm
    http://www.rudyprojectusa.com/produc...s/tactical.htm
    http://www.rudyprojectusa.com/produc...tyles/zyon.htm

What are your eyes worth?

BTW I do not sell any of the products and I own examples of all three that I commented about.

Quote Originally Posted by Socrates
    I shall be attending my first day on a range where I will actually be more than just an observer come the 21st of November : happy0065

I used to play airsoft - and still have the Revision goggles I used. Will they be suitable for eye protection on the day? Or would it be prudent to buy decent duty made shooting glasses now and get it over and done with?

There are only two things that bother me about the Revisions:
    1. I don't know if they will stop a ricochet
    2. They are goggles - and they do tend to fog up a bit.

If the wise men and ladies of this forum feel that my precious eye sight is not protected sufficiently with the Revisions - what do they suggest I get?
    I'm working on a tight budget - so I'm looking for decent eye protection at a reasonable (NOT LOOKING FOR ELCHEAPO's) price.
    Reasonable for me is between R300 - R400.

I thank you for all the advice and the "point in the right direction" that you are all sure to give. hpy180
    Contact us @ Military & Security Equipment. We will assist you with decent eye wear,0126644850

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast