Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

Default idea to help promote gun ownership

So with all the media responses surrounding firearm ownership and the work being done by GOSA and people like IPS and Dick. I took some time to ponder what I can do to pull my (substantial) weight.

Since I used to be in IT and dabbled in a wee bit of social media marketing I thought about doing something along the lines of a YouTube series that shows a bit of sport shooting and edc and people's opinion and reasoning behind this.

Basically short sub 10 minute clips (could be in multiple parts ie. 1 on basics of IDPA 2 on actual competition and a third on DMG). Either dealing with IDPA, IPSC (or some of other disciplines) and an interview with willing folks to explain what it means to EDC/sport shoot etc.

Still trying to iron out the kinks and logistics in my head (like having someone's mug on the internet telling the world he edc's). But considering we have a forum full of individuals who will have better ideas than I could come up with, I thought I could get some opinions and ideas from everyone.

I know there are a lot of vids explaining what IDPA and IPSC is, but I would like to do something from a South African perspective.

Want to get a plan going and see if I can start shooting some footage around June.

Also please excuse any typos, as I am posting from my phone and it's a bugger to type and proof read.

User

Default Re: idea to help promote gun ownership

I like it.
    [b]Be ready for anything, and if his head is not at least two meters away from the body, do not 'assume' he is dead and out of the fight.[/b] [I]- Ikor[/I]

Great idea but don't forget the other disciplines! Clay's, Pin shooting, and loads of others. Talking to a female friend of mine the other day and she told me she has no inclination to go shooting as she doesn't like handguns! I suggested we try clay pigeon and she loves the idea. I know if she takes to clays it will be easy to convince her we should also try pistol
    We sleep safe in our beds because rough men stand ready in the night to visit violence on those who would do us harm -George Orwell

User

I think it sounds like a good idea!

User

+1
    I'd be keen to see these

User

Also may be a good idea to show kids enjoying a safe range outing under supervision. Prove is for everyone to enjoy.

User

This sounds great. But if this is in the support of the work being done by GOSA, should the EDC aspect not at least initially focus on the opinion of the average joe who carries? Following the results and comments of the "What do you do for a living?" thread, would it not be more beneficial to show the "public" that not only do rambo-people carry, but even teachers and IT guys etc?

Once that kind of thing has been covered, you could go into why sport shooting is important to hone your skills in protecting yourself, and finally just having some damn good fun.

Drew

User

Sounds good.

User

+1. Sounds fantastic

User

I have a broadcast quality camcorder and some sound equipment which could be used for free in Gauteng area if needed.

PM me if interested

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast