Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2
    User

Default Re: So you fast on the draw?

I would love to see the look on everyone's faces if someone started an El Presidente shoot drew their gun, shot all alphas from the hip and reholstered in under 2s.

User

I've seen this before and read that he uses rounds loaded with very fine shot or even rock salt, thus he may actually be rather inaccurate with his shot placement but as he is only shooting at balloons, eight feet away, its not an issue.

Thats also why the camera man is happy to stand where he is because nothing is going to get to him.

I don't know what kind of pattern rock salt is going to make out of a 45 at eight feet but I would think it would be rather wide.

Fast draw never the less but speed is nothing without accuracy and I have doubts on how accurate he really is.

Munden was the real deal, and could be every bit as accurate as he was fast. He was definitely a showman, and preferred to work on single action revolvers, but make no mistake, he could shoot...for real...and there are lots of vids out there that document that fact. Sadly, Mr. Munden passed away in 2012...we are diminished.
    Run Fast, Bite Hard!

'
    ve seen this before and read that he uses rounds loaded with very fine shot or even rock salt, thus he may actually be rather inaccurate with his shot placement but as he is only shooting at balloons, eight feet away, its not an issue.
    If you watch the first video, you will see he puts proper round holes from real bullets through the x ring, repeatedly for a grouping that would make the average shooter taking his time weep.

User

I'm very sure there will be some cowboys with burned scrotums after trying to reenact Mr Munden.

User

Quote Originally Posted by Wanderin' Zero View Post
    I wonder if he'll pass the tactical instructors.... :-)
    Where is the days that you have to do the training and submit a cv in order to be registered as a Tactical Instructor.

User

Quote Originally Posted by Bushboy View Post
    '

If you watch the first video, you will see he puts proper round holes from real bullets through the x ring, repeatedly for a grouping that would make the average shooter taking his time weep.
    I stand corrected. I just watched the first video and I have to say you are right, the guy is incredible. Perhaps what I read about the shot or rock salt was in regard to other imitators. This guy was definitely super human.

User

Quote Originally Posted by Chris8 View Post
    I stand corrected. I just watched the first video and I have to say you are right, the guy is incredible. Perhaps what I read about the shot or rock salt was in regard to other imitators. This guy was definitely super human.
    The rumour came from Annie Oakley's stunts. While riding a horse at full speed and shooting at balloons I guess even the best person on earth would have to miss a few

Quote Originally Posted by johanctz9 View Post
    Where is the days that you have to do the training and submit a cv in order to be registered as a Tactical Instructor.
    Those days are here. Contact ITA, you have to pass your instructors first then you can go on the tactical instructors course. They PFTC registered and not sasseta.

They also require your CV. But all this is irrelevant in this thread. Why don't you start your own thread on the issue, perhaps the answers you looking for can be answered there.
    We sleep safe in our beds because rough men stand ready in the night to visit violence on those who would do us harm -George Orwell

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2