Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: Hijack Training

User

Default Hijack Training

I apologize if I a tread like this is out there, I did search for one but could not find one. Me and my training buddy spend some time on the range today, doing combatives and other "real life" drills. While we were leaving, we started talking about a hijacking scenario. We simulated a hijacking as best we could safely, but we could not come up with a way of handeling it successfully if one is hicjacked with a firearm! The best we could come up with was the following: when opening the door to get out, use your left arm/hand to ram the BG with the door, and simultaneously drawing your FA, moving away, of the X, and then engage? I saw videos of people training for this in left-hand cars drawing while stil seated, but I do no see myself doing this fast enough in a right-handed car Please if someone has a suggestion on this or another drill that one can practice please share, because I think this is something that is very likely to happen!

User

Default Re: Hijack Training

I think It should be anti hijack training

User

Thanx for the advice, really helpful

User

Quote Originally Posted by Erick View Post
    Thanx for the advice, really helpful
    No George. No.

Awareness is key, youre best chance is to see them coming and act before they get to you.

User

Quote Originally Posted by Dickie View Post
    Awareness is key, youre best chance is to see them coming and act before they get to you.
    ^^ This. It's all about preventative measures. I'd much rather know about it in advance (by being aware of my surroundings while I am driving, and especially while stationary at parking lots or intersections) and have time to get out, and not be the victim of an attempted hijacking (note, a failed hijacking is written up by SAPS as an attempted robbery) lest the below paragraph happen.

Obviously it depends on whether the guy cuts you off and wants to force you out, versus him opening your door/ smashing your window, but in the first example, inside your car is still safer. The gap between the frame and your car door can be used as an arrow slit and provide a little bit of protection. Same with your dashboard (however you will want to get behind it as much as possible.

The first thing you'd ideally do is to GTFO. Either bumping the vehicle out of the way, if need be, and if your vehicle is able to do so, or in whatever way you can quickly and safely do so - you don't want to get stuck on the curb and turn into a sitting duck.
    If that doesn't work, or isn't possible, get out of your seat belt. Your seat belt is meant to keep you in your seat - not something you want right now. Best practice getting it off in one quick motion, and away from your body so that you don't get hooked onto it.
    The other very important thing, is your draw. It's different compared to drawing in a normal self-defence scenario because of the limited space around you, and the higher chance of strafing your legs.

As with any self-defence scenario there's a multitude of ways in which it can go down, and depending on your environment, a multitude of ways you can try to get out of it. Reading about it is not sufficient. Attending a course would be much better.

User

Quote Originally Posted by Frizzle View Post
    As with any self-defence scenario there's a multitude of ways in which it can go down, and depending on your environment, a multitude of ways you can try to get out of it. Reading about it is not sufficient. Attending a course would be much better.
    SO help the guy out...where or to whom can he go for said training?

These real world drills are very important. Dry work in the back yard would help alot as will entry-exit drills in your own driveway (dry) imho. Most ranges dont cater for real world exercises unfortunately. Ive picked up a little off youtube and took it from there.

User

I've only ever found courses on anti-hijacking to be how to handle the scenario ie: how to comply and get away with your life. Such are one's like johan van bargen (spelling) pro driving tactics where I believe a course is offered but when I enquired about whether its firearm orientated I was met with a laugh then silence as they figured out I was serious. So if you find someone I'd be very keen to know.

Google Kembativ Concepts. They present courses that deal with fighting from within and around your vehicle. Some Combatives experience will be useful as you use hands, feet, knives and guns in these courses. Courses are mostly presented in GP and includes live fire exercises from within and around your own vehicle. The have a Blog and FB page where past and future courses are advertised.

If you have never grappled with an armed attacker/training partner in your own vehicle these courses will be a real eye opener. Well worth attending if you get the chance!

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast