Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 ... LastLast

Default Re: The current state of SAGA

Quote Originally Posted by A-R View Post
    Thanks Martin!

Just a thought. SAGA used to offer public liability insurance (FA-use), included in the membership fee. This lead to many clubs and associations making SAGA membership compulsory for members. Is this insurance still included? Will GOSA also be able to offer this cover?

Paul and team, kindly consider the options?
    +1

User

Hi Martin
    I haven't finished reading your post yet but please edit your it to read 'Peter Wells' rather than 'Peter Welch' to avoid confusion. Ta

Thanks, Mr Hood.

User

None taken. Cheers

Quote Originally Posted by Peter Wells View Post
    Hi Martin
    I haven't finished reading your post yet but please edit your it to read 'Peter Wells' rather than 'Peter Welch' to avoid confusion. Ta
    Correction attended to.
    Cattle die, kindred die, every man is mortal:
    But I know one thing that never dies,
    the glory of the great dead.
    Havamal

This is an important aspect!
    If you guys can arrange insurance then lots more members/clubs will be prepared to support you rather than flogging a dead SAGA horse!,

Quote Originally Posted by A-R View Post
    Thanks Martin!

Just a thought. SAGA used to offer public liability insurance (FA-use), included in the membership fee. This lead to many clubs and associations making SAGA membership compulsory for members. Is this insurance still included? Will GOSA also be able to oftfer this cover?

Paul and team, kindly consider the options?

User

Quote Originally Posted by 45Trundle View Post
    However that said, unfortunately SAGA is seen by SAPS and the Media as "our official voice" This I think is a based on a historical legacy and somehow needs to be addressed.

Thought??

One way is to have both current and past SAGA members (that are in agreement) send a letter addressed to both SAPS and SAGA (and possibly the media) that they are no longer speaking on behalf of said individual. One person doing it will not be noticed but if we can get a few thousand then it tends to make an impression.

IF this is properly coordinated and it can happen in the space of a few days (week at the most) then we could mitigate the "SAGA our official voice" legacy and take the wind out of their sails.

It may also be worthwhile for said individuals to nominate a new "official voice" so that SAPS and the media know who to speak to in the future.

It's a thought and probably needs some work.
    IMHO we need none of that. SAGA didn't become viewed as the 'official' voice of gun owners by submitting letters of registration to SAPS naming themselves as such.

SAGA became the 'official' voice of gun owners by virtue of representing many members and by speaking out when everyone else either remained silent or just affirmed what SAGA said.

GOSA just needs to do the same: show high membership and participation and be vocal and active.

The squeaky wheel gets the oil.
    [b]Be ready for anything, and if his head is not at least two meters away from the body, do not 'assume' he is dead and out of the fight.[/b] [I]- Ikor[/I]

User

Quote Originally Posted by Glock Goblin View Post
    This is an important aspect!
    If you guys can arrange insurance then lots more members/clubs will be prepared to support you rather than flogging a dead SAGA horse!,
    Once thes structures are in place any member can suggest this and if the motion gets carried it will be actioned.

It sounds good - start considering how it is to be done, and who can manage it and take it forward.

But we are busy hi-jacking Hood's corner here... (Maybe we should call it Sherwood Forest? )

Martin, your note states that SAGA has become a front for collectors. Why would collectors need SAGA as a vehicle or front when they are exceptionally well organized already at a national level and already have direct contacts and relationships at all levels within the SAPS (including quarterly liaison meetings) and have working relationships within parliamentary the portfolio committee? What would collectors stand to gain by "hijacking" SAGA so to speak?

SAGA used to offer public liability insurance (FA-use), included in the membership fee.
    This was possibly the nr 1 reason why I joined them back in the day ... even if our "membership fees" are only to cover this it would be worth it ...

Most members who belong to sport shooting associations would probably be covered through them, but I think the idea is to provide cover for the occasional sports person/hunter enthusiast who does not belong to any other organisation/association.

Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 ... LastLast