Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4 5 6 LastLast
    User

Default Re: The current state of SAGA

Quote Originally Posted by Wanderin' Zero View Post
    Martin, your note states that SAGA has become a front for collectors. Why would collectors need SAGA as a vehicle or front when they are exceptionally well organized already at a national level and already have direct contacts and relationships at all levels within the SAPS (including quarterly liaison meetings) and have working relationships within parliamentary the portfolio committee? What would collectors stand to gain by "hijacking" SAGA so to speak?
    Maybe something along the lines of Storey's "we'll make an exception for sportshooters" deal dangled infront of dick after that interview the other day vs at everyone else expense?

“I have never seen a wild thing feel sorry for itself. A bird will have fallen frozen dead from a bough never having felt sorry for itself.”

No response, will be forthcoming. Action is required.
    "Trespassers will be welcomed, and served a light lunch"

User

Quote Originally Posted by Wanderin' Zero View Post
    Martin, your note states that SAGA has become a front for collectors. Why would collectors need SAGA as a vehicle or front when they are exceptionally well organized already at a national level and already have direct contacts and relationships at all levels within the SAPS (including quarterly liaison meetings) and have working relationships within parliamentary the portfolio committee? What would collectors stand to gain by "hijacking" SAGA so to speak?
    By helping pushing the smaller guys off the bus!

The pope and the other "chosen" are getting a line straight to the top of the stair case! Who cares about the lower people.

Quote Originally Posted by curious george View Post
    Maybe something along the lines of Storey's "we'll make an exception for sportshooters" deal dangled infront of dick after that interview the other day vs at everyone else expense?
    Makes no sense. Collectors already have their special status. It is hard to see how that would be improved by hijacking SAGA.

Quote Originally Posted by Bighunter View Post
    By helping pushing the smaller guys off the bus!

The pope and the other "chosen" are getting a line straight to the top of the stair case! Who cares about the lower people.
    Again, this makes no sense. Collectors already have access to the "top of the staircase" as you put it. It is hard to see what they could possibly gain by pushing individual firearm owners off the bus. The point is though that all these responses so far are entirely speculative. I want to hear what rationale Martin offers.

on the edge of the gene pool, playing with an open container of HTH

I don't know how it makes sense, WZ... and yet here we are...

What game could John Welch (and SAGA) be possibly playing? What explanation can you offer?
    "Always remember to pillage before you burn"
    Unknown Barbarian

User

I don't read Martin as saying it's necessary done maliciously, but if someone it heavily involved in one aspect of firearms ownership, they might have that aspect (collecting, in this case) dominating their thinking to the extent that they forget where their personal interests end and their duties begin. So carelessness and blindness rather than deliberately trying to hijack.

User

I'm allright Jack,f*** the rest!

Collection = big financial investment,gfsa says TOTAL prohibition on all firearms,BUT you know what we will organise that this excludes you guys *insert association here*,human nature kicks in,divide and conquer 101 stuff imho.

You can keep yours while we take the rest,incremental but effective!

"Collecting" can be replaced by Hunting,sport shooting,etc

I'd also like to hear MH's response

Guys, I hear what Martin says about two hats and I agree that that possibly there could also be an issue of focus. But I see no evidence at all of any mala fides by anyone. Remember too that most of these guys set up SAGA in the first place and were fighting the good fight when most of those present here were still in nappies. How do you reconcile that with the mud being thrown around here now?

User

Asking questions about a known gfsa tactic isnt quite mud slinging.

Based on "hearsay" from others participating in the process you refer to,they may not be inclined to lable some people as heroes/saviours as they are portraid now, but yes,its just "hearsay"...

Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4 5 6 LastLast