Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ... 4 5 6
    User

Default Re: The current state of SAGA

Quote Originally Posted by Skaaphaas View Post
    As far as I understood the original post, Martin sent a copy thereof to John Welch.
    Thank you Skaaphaas, I'm sure we're all interested in the response!

User

Quote Originally Posted by crusty View Post
    What I'm interested in finding out is whether the Trustee's of SAGA are aware of the contents of Mr Hood's original post and if so have they responded too it?
    Also:

Quote Originally Posted by Martin Hood View Post
    The response of SAGA was that they have never communicated with me formally again and they didn't have the courtesy to tell me that I was no longer their spokesperson, although that, to be quite honest, was of no consequence to me.
    [b]Be ready for anything, and if his head is not at least two meters away from the body, do not 'assume' he is dead and out of the fight.[/b] [I]- Ikor[/I]

User

Thanks Martin I am glad that this issue was addressed before gun owners are left in the wilderness.

User

Quote Originally Posted by JS4 View Post
    Also:
    Thank you for straightening me out, clearly stress and lack of sleep is affecting me worse than I thought!

At last the complete inertia of SAGA makes sense. I have wondered for a long time just what the heck has been going on.

If no National Councils have been called surely this can be forced on the Trustees? A series of demands and then interdictory proceedings in the High Court. Force them to call a national council and put a vote to the members.

Hoping it "will change from within" is never going to work. Strong action may be required to force the issue.

Otherwise SAGA must be left to die a natural death by mass withdrawal of memberships and GOSA take over the reigns of representing firearm owners' interests. Chief among the goals should be destroying the camps into which firearm owners have been divided by the legislation - dealers, collectors, hunters, sports shooter etc. It seems the one hand tries to cut off the other because it gets promised preferential treatment by the SAPS.

C'mon guys, a single approach is required or else it will be lost before you can blink. The FCA is still not completely enforced, can an Act, which has been partially enforce for 10 years remain constitutional if it is incapable of enforcement?

I would be very interested to find out what SAGA membership numbers look like over the last 2 or 3 years! I just laughed when I read that their stand at Huntex had a large number of people visit it! I wounder if they counted in all the guys on the stand b*tching at them as part of that "good" number of visitors to their stand!

SAGA is dead time to put our efforts and membership and money into GOSA!

Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ... 4 5 6