Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2
    User

Quote Originally Posted by 786dbn View Post
    +1.I find Durbanites (in general) to be much more complacent about self defence than people from other provinces. Yes, they'll invest a bit in an alarm and security/armed response, but that's where it ends. I asked a friend (father of 3) what he will do should he awake to intruders in his home. His response: "Press the panic button" Most who i interact with have never considered owning a firearm and those who have, feel it is too much of a task to go through the entire process + they've "heard" it takes like whole year to get a licence. Most guys who have informed me that they own a gun do not edc. In fact, they do not carry at all.
    That whole "it takes a year" thing is exactly what made me decide not to get a FA. I ended up getting a bow and now it's 18 months later. If I knew then what I do now I would never have given up (I hardly even started) and would have had it by now.

SAS

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by 786dbn View Post
    +1.I find Durbanites (in general) to be much more complacent about self defence than people from other provinces. Yes, they'll invest a bit in an alarm and security/armed response, but that's where it ends. I asked a friend (father of 3) what he will do should he awake to intruders in his home. His response: "Press the panic button" Most who i interact with have never considered owning a firearm and those who have, feel it is too much of a task to go through the entire process + they've "heard" it takes like whole year to get a licence. Most guys who have informed me that they own a gun do not edc. In fact, they do not carry at all.
    To be fair, there have been quite a few stories of guys in Durban saving lives with their FAs, though none this year that I can recall. Also, we don't live in gangstas paradise where every second oke wants to murder you, so perhaps relaxed is a better word than complacent. On the other hand, I also can't ignore that there have been a lot of incidents like this recently, suppose the levels are rising and okes need to start thinking and acting wrt self defense..

User

Default Re: Robbers shoot Morningside dad

Quote Originally Posted by FrankH View Post
    Unarmed and still shot .
    I wonder what he did to upset them? We all know that if your unarmed and you just sit still in your bed nothing bad will happen to you.That or something about ponk unicorns

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2