Page 3 of 11 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 ... LastLast
    User

Default Re: Victim shoots hijacker

Quote Originally Posted by Jacko View Post
    Vat so, julle lummels en skobbejakke!
    Agreed well done.
    Skobbejakke has been one of my favorite words for long time.

User

Well done on being a Victor and not just a victim!

I would love to know which side of Springbok street this is. I drive in Springbok street (east of the shops and taxi rank) every day. (Mon - Fri)

User

Good man!

User

Quote Originally Posted by uBestRi View Post
    I'd hate to say that is a given outcome, do you have anything to back that up?maybe he was on full psycho already. Maybe he will be persuaded by family that he needs to change for the benefit of his family, maybe his community will shun and stone him, maybe he bleeds out in a veld somewhere (not this guy). Maybe his injuries prevent his participation in more crime or slow him down when so doing.

No point in stressing about possible hypotheticals.
    haha not really, no.

What I had in mind when I was typing this was the incident a fellow GS member had earlier in the year. While in traffic near a robot when a BG suddenly appeared at his window and put a knife to his throat. The guy had a knife in his car door already unsheathed and he proceeded to quickly draw it and stab at the attacker through the semi open window, stabbing the attacker in the hand.

He said that the attacker jumped back with fright and looked back at him with the utmost disgust/hate in his eyes.

That said, I had this in mind when I typed what I did. Yeah it is possible for rehabilitation. But I guess our track record says otherwise. Over crowded prisons. BG's who get caught and released again who end up just where they left off previously etc..

So yeah it is just hypothetically speaking; but really my imagination is not that far off.

Yes the wished outcome is rehabilitation and lesson learn't; but then again we are not living in Utopia..

User

The gentleman sounds like ' a man among men "......if he could have only got the other three.....maybe next time.....

User

well done

Well done.In an interview of a hijacker on Carte Blanche a few years ago he admitted that he decided to give up hijacking because a piece of his accomplice's brain had splattered onto him when the victim had opened fire.

Quote Originally Posted by Moomin View Post
    Well done on being a Victor and not just a victim!

I would love to know which side of Springbok street this is. I drive in Springbok street (east of the shops and taxi rank) every day. (Mon - Fri)
    I'm guessing it's more toward the taxi rank side, than to Eldoraigne's side. We didn't even hear the shots on our side.
    Sent electronically, thus not signed.

User

Quote Originally Posted by 30.06 View Post
    Well done.In an interview of a hijacker on Carte Blanche a few years ago he admitted that he decided to give up hijacking because a piece of his accomplice's brain had splattered onto him when the victim had opened fire.
    I've never forgotten that interview.

User

Quote Originally Posted by Skaaphaas View Post
    I'm guessing it's more toward the taxi rank side, than to Eldoraigne's side. We didn't even hear the shots on our side.
    I heard shots, was under the impression that it was more towards Raslouw or Mnandi. (not an uncommon occurrence sadly) Interesting how sound can play tricks with you at night in the suburbs.

I noticed an armed presence in the street this morning. The man in charge (I assume) was open carrying. I'm not complaining about the increased security. I just think it is reactive and will only be temporary, or until it happens again.

Page 3 of 11 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 ... LastLast