Page 20 of 20 FirstFirst ... 10 18 19 20
    User

Default Re: Glock 19 vs CZ P-07 Duty; For me personally

Because , and I know I say this a lot, many people shoot best with grips that don't feel the most comfortable.

Slim grips feel awesome in my hand. But the timer and the target tell me that I do my best work with a grip that "feels" a little to big.

That square frame locks that gun into the hand well and resists torquing very well

Quote Originally Posted by BigT View Post
    Because , and I know I say this a lot, many people shoot best with grips that don't feel the most comfortable.

Slim grips feel awesome in my hand. But the timer and the target tell me that I do my best work with a grip that "feels" a little to big.

That square frame locks that gun into the hand well and resists torquing very well
    Interesting. I didn't realize that.

Lol that Tanfo' is just desirable

User

Quote Originally Posted by Anomander View Post
    I have a Glock 19. And I am very comfortable that I can stake my life on it. But for the life of me I just can't understand Gaston Glock's thought process. Sure, his original concept was revolutionary. The dramatic reduction in moving parts is awesome from a maintenance point of view, the simplicity of design is great, and the clean lines and lack of obtrusive external safeties, hammers, deckockers etc. all combine to form a very functional, practical defensive weapon. But why, after all these years, can they not change the grip to fit a human hand comfortably? Why can the function of the pistol, the slide, barrel, internal parts and everything else not remain exactly the same, while they get rid of the hard square grip and replace it with something molded to fit the human hand?Put a CZ shaped grip on a Glock and you probably have the perfect weapon. And to my eye, it is a very small change required, with the outer shell of the grip simply becoming slightly more rounded. Heck, there is a lot of space to play with as it is, given the big bubble at the back of the grip that doesn't fulfill any obvious function other than creating the shape of the current rather uncomfortable grip.It makes me grumpy, because I love the concept of the Glock. Simplicity is the greatest form of genius and all that. But it can remain just as simple as it is, while still having a comfortable grip. It would appear that it is pure stubborness that stops them from making the change.
    Honestly, the p07 doesn't really have an extremely comfortable grip either. Not like my 75B. But I would definitely prefer a big chunky grip over a thin one. I find it control's better.

Page 20 of 20 FirstFirst ... 10 18 19 20