Craig;

I have a 962C on one AR and a 951C on one of my others (I have 4) I prefer the C or 'clickie' tailswitch because it has no wires to get in the way or hang up on stuff. The 96 series lights are larger and heavier but they put out lots of good light. The '2' indicates an ARMS mount and the '1' with the 951C indicates the screw mount. For civilian use I would not pay the extra for the ARMS clamp on mount again, as I have never bothered to take it off and because it sets the light slightly farther out from the rail than the less expensive screw mount. I am actually thinking about taking the 962 light itself off of the mount and turning it essentially into an M3 handheld when SF comes out with their new 350 lumen LED for it next year...should make a helluva home 'searchlight' for lighting up the entire block or maybe for low flying aircraft! ;D

The larger incandescent weaponlights are beginning to lose favor as SF gets smaller, lighter LED based systems on line, but they can still do what they have done in the past.