Banned

Default Never give up hope

I often turn my thoughts to things that truly puzzle me and one of those is the unwillingness of firearm owners to get involved.

While many make the excuse of they are apathetic or simply did not know, I do not accept that as valid. When asked the majority will give a dozen excuses of why they have done nothing. Not one of them will be I did not know or I am not interested. Thus I rule out ignorance and apathy.

What is it that the person will lie about and not admit as a failure to do anything about the FCA? What has the power to induce people into inactivity, to meekly accept their fate?

Think about it as it is a base reaction.

From a spark of a small core of people, firearm owners should catch fire. They don't because we are missing the most vital knowledge of what causes the inactivity and addressing that.

What firearm organisations are missing is reassuring firearm owners that they can win, that they have the capacity to win and that they will protect any individual from the police and silly laws.

We have absolutely no idea of the havoc we sow when firearm owners are left out to dry. When stupid people say tough you did not obey the law, now suffer. When we say there is nothing you can do about the FCA or that we accept the FCA. Even allowing others to say this unchallenged is no different to saying it yourself.

People watch, people look and people expect organisations to protect them no matter what. Quite simply people have no confidence in any organisations ability to offer protection against a law they were told is oppressive, ideological and many other things by the same organisations.

If these organisations are not fighting for members interests and are not willing to challenge government on behalf of the members for anything including a law which any sane person would have rejected then the organisations are worth nothing.

If members interests are not the most important thing then what is? Ask yourself this question of any firearm organisation you know but be sure to do so in truth. Do they protect members or are members cannon fodder to be milked for fees as long as possible while doing little or nothing to protect them from what the organisation told them was an abomination but now must be accepted. Who ever accepts an abomination?

Have you told the organisation you belong to what you would like them to do? If not, how are they supposed to know?

Default Re: Never give up hope

Individual rights are not subject to a public vote; a majority has no right to vote away the rights of a minority; the political function of rights is precisely to protect minorities from oppression by majorities and the smallest minority on earth is the individual.

Ayn Rand
    "Guns are just tools, the way they're used reflects the society they're apart of, if you don't like guns, blame it on society" ~Chris Kyle

Banned

Default Re: Never give up hope

Quote Originally Posted by FrankH
    Individual rights are not subject to a public vote; a majority has no right to vote away the rights of a minority; the political function of rights is precisely to protect minorities from oppression by majorities and the smallest minority on earth is the individual.

Ayn Rand
    Unfortunately that is exactly the way it works. It is called democracy and the voice and will of the majority must be carried out unless the majority can be convinced in time it is wrong.

No government will buck public demand unless it feels confident it can justify it.

Going against public wishes, translates directly into lost votes. It works in other places as well, clubs and organisations grow smaller by ignoring members demands and needs. Businesses fail by not having the products or service the public wants....

In our case the target group, simply has to be undesirable to the public and government can do as it wants if nobody complains except the target group. Without public support and protection firearm owners will lose.

How long, how much money and how much effort have gun control put into one thing only, public education.
    If gun control thinks it is that important then we had better find out why and what to do.

The abolition of alcohol in the USA is a very good example of the use of propaganda to change public opinion to achieve the desired results.

http://www.crimefree.org.za/propaganda/saloon.htm

But the derivation of the word propaganda itself comes from a far more "successful campaign".