Page 43 of 44 FirstFirst ... 33 41 42 43 44 LastLast
    User

Default Re: Let's talk torches

Quote Originally Posted by BandK View Post
    Advice needed - I'm looking for a reliable, small and rugged light that works with 18650 rechargeable batteries (reason - I already have two flashlights that use these batteries). Budget is relative - I don't mind spending more to own a product that lasts and is supported locally.
    Olight S2R Baton ii. Great bang for your buck.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Would second the S2RII

Torchsa have specials on some S2RII at the moment. See https://www.facebook.com/OlightSA/

User

Reviving this thread for 2 reasons.

Reason A: does anyone know were I could get a Surefire Stiletto or even a Stiletto Pro? Though the Pro will be out of my price range I rate.

Reason B: Is it just me or has O-Light become quote unpopular? Especially in the USA were a few of them blew up.... But then, how are the alternative brands available to us? IE: Speras, Klaurus, Nitecore....

I currently have a Surefire G2Z as a fighting light, It has 1 button and 1 mode, great for emergency, not so much for every day use, thats why I would like a stiletto I guess, still a lot of light from the tail cap button for emergencies and lower light settings for utility, but how do the Eastern competitors live up to it?

Im talking about hand helds and not WML's

User

Just to add, I do carry a small EDC Torch, but would prefer "the best of both"

User

Quote Originally Posted by Steven001 View Post
    Reason B: Is it just me or has O-Light become quote unpopular? Especially in the USA were a few of them blew up....
    They are still very popular. The one that blew up had cheap Nuon CR123A batteries and the other was an Olight CR123a battery fault that they admitted. I'm not a fan of CR123A batteries anyway, they can cause a fire or explode if the two cells aren't equally charged and its just an annoyance. I've personally never noticed any problems with a properly charged 18650, our winters aren't cold enough to make things act weird.

I went from a Surefire Tactician to a Olight S30R Baton III and it does the job fine. Will probably move to another design like the Warrior Pro that doesn't have the charging points with live voltage at the back just for peace of mind.

Surefire is nice but its like R4k+ for an EDCL-2T and there is not very much stock at all. I find they make great "fighting lights" but not convenient EDC lights. My Tactician was not rechargeable, and it got super hot after 5 minutes. With my Olight its a lot cooler and I can hold it for 30 minutes on max non-turbo mode and then just top up the charge via USB.

User

Quote Originally Posted by Nyt Ryda View Post
    Surefire is nice but its like R4k+ for an EDCL-2T and there is not very much stock at all. I find they make great "fighting lights" but not convenient EDC lights.
    Thats the thing, I want a rechargeable and reliable EDC light, then I could keep the Surefire Bedside, OR I could sell the Surefire and get something closer to "best of both"

What annoys me is having to switch from Every DAY carry light to every NIGHT carry light, and as soon as my toddler sees a torch she wants it and "fuck you if you think you can say no" so rechargeable would be Ideal...

Im gonna send Duane a mail, see what he recommends, but please, any further input would be appreciated

User

Ive had a couple of lights over the years all of different brands until i came across Olight. Bought the S1R Batton 2 first. Next level little monster but the battery life is not the best.

Later got the S2R batton 2. Unless you want a tail switch tactical light i will highly recommend this light. Battery just keeps ons going and going, its got useful settings, extremely bright and small enough to disappear in a jean pocket (non skinny jean of course)

I also have the M2R Pro which is an absolute beast but just too big for me to carry. This is my bedside and outdoors light.

I have an I1R2 on both car keys and they are probably the most useful light as they are always with you and excellent flood and brightness.

The S1R and S2R are both very floody lights (which I prefer)

Hope this helps

User

Quote Originally Posted by STREETRACER View Post
    Ive had a couple of lights over the years all of different brands until i came across Olight. Bought the S1R Batton 2 first. Next level little monster but the battery life is not the best.

Later got the S2R batton 2. Unless you want a tail switch tactical light i will highly recommend this light. Battery just keeps ons going and going, its got useful settings, extremely bright and small enough to disappear in a jean pocket (non skinny jean of course)

I also have the M2R Pro which is an absolute beast but just too big for me to carry. This is my bedside and outdoors light.

I have an I1R2 on both car keys and they are probably the most useful light as they are always with you and excellent flood and brightness.

Hope this helps
    Thanks for your input

I hd an M2T Warrior and I adored it!! Side switch for utility, and tail switch for the sun, problem was it would switch on easily im my jeans pockets, thats why I couldnt EDC it

User

I bought a Speras E1 Pro from 480 BC supplies this afternoon, will see if it suits my requirements a bit better

Quote Originally Posted by STREETRACER View Post

Hope this helps
    I would second the S2R light as EDC.

My experience with Olight has been great over the last 10 years or so. I have been using a S2 and S2RII as my EDC for the last 5 years and not thinking of changing or upgrading any time soon.

I previously EDCed a M20, M20s and M30 but they are a bit big for pocket carry and tend to damage pockets. They worked well for carrying on a BP-vest. I still carry the M20s as backup light on my BP-vest but now carry an Olight Warrior X as my primary go-bump-in-the-night light.

I also really like the 18650 Rechargeable Lithium Ion batteries and have standardised on them for all my lights which make logistics around spare batteries, chargers, etc much simpler.

Page 43 of 44 FirstFirst ... 33 41 42 43 44 LastLast