Page 11 of 44 FirstFirst ... 9 10 11 12 13 21 ... LastLast
    User

Default Re: Let's talk torches

Quote Originally Posted by knife36 View Post
    I really don't have a flashlight addiction , it just seems so .
    No. You definitely do, ha ha ha ha

User

Hey all
    reading through these treads opens once eyes to all the different EDC lights, I only have 3 light, my 3cell LEad mag light that is always in the vehicle for the last geez, 12 years, it's been through hell and back and a good self defence weapon as I have discovered a few years back
    then I started with the LED lenser M7 about 3 1/2 years ago, ran through AAA batteries like crazy before I swoped over to rechargeable AAA's, I loved the M7 and always work on backup, so I got the M7R gen 1 (I think) about 2 years ago this light I can honestly say have been through hell and back, dropped it down a flight of stairs, in the pool, out the vehicle in rocks and the most battle tested event
    last year we had massive wild fires in the KNP and being out and about on standby it was clipped on my belt as every other day part of my EDC, the fire jumped, ppl were trapped and I had to sprint back to my vehicle to assist, that was the last I saw it, drove trough where I just sprinted past, followed by an tractor trailer, more 4x4 fire vehicles, the fire and 2 more days of vehicles traveling that road as we were actively doing containment a and mop ups and 40+ degree day time temp.
    i was only able to go and try and locate the remains of the M7R after day 3, while carrying the normal M7( backup light), only to pick up the light, push the button on the but and to my absolute surprise it went on, I opened it up, remove the sand from the slide head wiped it down from the root and stains of the flames, check the rubber seal at the bat pack for melting and took my M7 out the clip, placed the M7R back in and continued to charge it, carry it and used it for the following 6 months until I dropped it again and it grew feet and walked away, 3 weeks later when I was back in the city and went and bought myself the M7R Gen2 (I think) with specs
    of 400Lm for 11h at 280m
    or 30Lm for 40h at 100m
    pits got the high beam, dim, flashing, SOS and strobe function, mine is set on the high beam and dim as backup. The quick focused or defused wide angle beam change is also a plus as it locks in place as you want it.
    i can't complain I have tested it and it comes very close to those times and distances.
    for me I need the light at night as I live in the BIG 5 country with leopards, ellies and lions literally walking on my stoep, I need to ID them even when walking the 7 m from my door to my vehicle.

this is truly a remarkable light and don't think I'll change very soon from it, unless there is something better out there that is "battle proven", I still need to test the new M7R in the fire and truly hope I don't have to but if the time comes, I hope it is as durable as the Gen1.

it is a bit bigger than the pocket lights that is out there, but does fill the hand if fist fighting is required, and sleeps on my work pants 24/7 next to my leatherman and SOG while on duty for 6 weeks and the other 2 weeks it's I'm my edc bag

just my 2 cents on the light for someone looking at this light.

Looking at replacing my torch. Anyone have any experience with these: http://www.eagletac.com/html/t200c2/index.html Any idea who is the agent in SA.

As far as I know there is no agents for Eagletac in SA , Try GOING GEAR in the US they do ship to SA and have the full Eagletac range or Ebay . Cheers Niel

User

I was split between the Klarus XT2C and Nitecore P10. Went with the P10 based on Candlepower review. It is my first edc torch so daily carry will take some getting used to. What are more experienced opinions on this torch as an edc?

P12 is a great tourch - you won't be sorry. Just do it!

Quote Originally Posted by knife36 View Post
    As far as I know there is no agents for Eagletac in SA , Try GOING GEAR in the US they do ship to SA and have the full Eagletac range or Ebay . Cheers Niel
    Thanks Neil. Looks like it might be a hassle. Will look at Nitecore.

Quote Originally Posted by Glock Goblin View Post
    P12 is a great tourch - you won't be sorry. Just do it!
    Agree , the P10 or the P12 are excellent choices , if you feel the P10 is a bit large for edc try looking for a one cell CR123 in Nitecore , Jetbeam , Eagletac , Thrunite , Olight or Sunwayman they are superb for edc if you are looking for something a bit smaller that still has excellent output . Cheers Niel

User

Quote Originally Posted by Springer View Post
    Looking at replacing my torch. Anyone have any experience with these: http://www.eagletac.com/html/t200c2/index.html Any idea who is the agent in SA.
    Hey Springer eagletac makes awesome torches I edc a d25 clicky. Very nice torch and I also like the UI . The agent for eagletac is http://torchguy.com/products I dont see the eagletac range on his website but i'm almost sure he sells them and provide support for them. I have a fenix pd32ue which is also a wonderfull edc flashlight. I have handled some nitecore flashlights and they feel very good but have no experience with them I am tempted to buy one. Klarus is also a very good brand a friend of mine has the xt11 and I am very impressed by it I really like the button layout on the xt11 . I had a look at the t200c2 and it looks good what I do like about the my d25 and that one aswell is that you can set it to start at a specific output level so that you dont have to cycle from high all the way to low meanwhile blinding yourself or if you want to light someone up at full blast you can do that by turning the head and then switching it on. Send me a pm if you want help with getting one of those eagletacs.

Many thanks.

Page 11 of 44 FirstFirst ... 9 10 11 12 13 21 ... LastLast