Page 3 of 44 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 13 ... LastLast
    User

Default Re: Let's talk torches

Quote Originally Posted by Kreefstert View Post
    What is you okes opinion on LED Lenser? Was browsing at CUM today they had this small model the size of my thumb with 400lm.
    I have one. I put it in the cupboard after I bought my first Nitecore torch. Nothing wrong with it, but you get torches that deliver a much bigger punch.
    Of course though, for an EDC you could get smaller torches costing less, although with less lumens, but which are an acceptable compromise for an EDC torch.

User

Use to carry an ITP SA2 iluma , got stolen so now needs replacing. Also have an O light i6 for NW patrols and home use.

What is you okes opinion on LED Lenser? Was browsing at CUM today they had this small model the size of my thumb with 400lm.
    They make decent lights for the average oke.
    If you have a light fetish or you are going to put it to serious use, there are better (but more expensive) lights out there.

It's a bit like guns. Do you buy a Norinco CQA AR15, or a DDM? Both do the job, both do the job well. The one is just a tad better at it, but with a price tag that reminds you of the law of diminishing returns.
    Last edited by Skaaphaas; 19-09-2015 at 10:30.

User

Jip marshy, was the F1 I think.

I like the size, its very small.

Thanks Skaaphaas, ja I was just curious because you kind of get them everywhere.

User

Anyone know of a WML that sits flush with a G19? (width and length) I carry appendix and most WMLs I have seen are very long and wide, and I can't really have any more of that down my pants :P The Inforce APL is the closest I have seen but still protrudes.

The light doesn't need to be the uber brightest, as its role is target ID at pistol range, not blinding an attacker or searching the 'hood.

Quote Originally Posted by prepare2win View Post
    Anyone know of a WML that sits flush with a G19? (width and length) I carry appendix and most WMLs I have seen are very long and wide, and I can't really have any more of that down my pants :P The Inforce APL is the closest I have seen but still protrudes.

The light doesn't need to be the uber brightest, as its role is target ID at pistol range, not blinding an attacker or searching the 'hood.
    Badboytazz4ever told me of a very slim and short WML he saw at Rescomp that would fit on a M&P 9c, so that might suit your needs. Sorry, I really cannot remember the name, but I'm sure you can phone them and ask about the small light :-)
    Sent electronically, thus not signed.

User

NiteCore Sens CR which is on my car's keys. Uses a single CR123 rechargeable battery. Extremely bright for any size. Small enough not to be a burden. Also have a NiteCore MT2C next to my bed at night.

User

Quote Originally Posted by Skaaphaas View Post
    Badboytazz4ever told me of a very slim and short WML he saw at Rescomp that would fit on a M&P 9c, so that might suit your needs. Sorry, I really cannot remember the name, but I'm sure you can phone them and ask about the small light :-)
    Thank you Sir!

User

Since I EDC most days (except when I use the MTB to commute on the lovely Cape cycle lanes) I started cultivating some extra habits. I park in an underground parking garage the rest of the week, sometimes three levels underground. Power failure, anyone? So a torch became a no-brainer.

A year ago my brother- and sister-in-law gave me a brown Timberland "man bag" as a Christmas gift when we visited them in Chicago. I don't approve of such borderline "gay fashion statemtents," (said tongue-in-cheeck) but before I knew the man bag became an integral part of my daily routine. It carries some lunch and my Klarus XT2C - and a few other things. The G19 I carry on my person.

I have totally reviewed my stance on man bags. Plus, it being Cape Town I totally merge with my surroundings.

User

Know I'm a bit late on the reply here, but thats the exact model I've planned on getting this month, led lenser F1. Has a very nice heat distribution design at the front and is small and easily carried. 400lm is not daylight but its alot when its all you got.

I'm buying it as a back up light to my main tac lite. (Which I also wanna replace soon)

I've got a few led lenser products and have enjoyed good service and good craftsmanship with them.

**edit it has a tactical bezel apparently for impact purposes but its size is such that if you try to hit something you are more likely going to break your hand. The pocket clip is far more usefull.

Page 3 of 44 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 13 ... LastLast