Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2
    Banned

Default Re: .22 hunting ammo is there better and worse stuff.

disappointed by slow input ????. I did not think the hollow point .22 stuff was any better - nor that it really expanded. Thought the lead would splat flattish regardless. Never been much of a .22 shooter. ------------its a new interest.

User

High velocity HP's work better in my experience. Doesn't matter which brand as as long as they fly true. My dad use to have some maize lands as a kid and my brother and I were given .22 's and 2 jack russells and told to make sure there's enough maize for a profit at picking time.Nowadays I like to just watch monkeys through my bino's.

I went rocky pigeon shooting a while back with my .22. I had standard velocity swartklip ammo and winchester Xperts hollow points. The shots were either head or heart shots. The heartshot pigeons with the swartklip ammo took longer to expire than those with the hollow points. I am a big fan of the hollow points and will lnly shoot target with the other stuff.

That said, the remington yellow jackets break up real easy due to the speed and light weights of the bullets.

Banned

Went and tested the match ammo today, not a useable result. Had two rifles at hand to fix matters if needed and the match ammo needs a direct perfect shot or it just zips through. The hit affect is visibly less destructive and does not cause instant incapacitation as the hollow points used as back up and further through day.

User

Quote Originally Posted by treeman View Post
    Went and tested the match ammo today, not a useable result. Had two rifles at hand to fix matters if needed and the match ammo needs a direct perfect shot or it just zips through. The hit affect is visibly less destructive and does not cause instant incapacitation as the hollow points used as back up and further through day.
    Exactly what I said. Thanks for confirming your results.

User

Quote Originally Posted by treeman View Post
    Just to give you an idea of how tough something like a pigeon can be have a look at these:

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Cher_Ami

http://twoworldproductions.blogspot....r-pigeons.html

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2