Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: 9mm P JHP

User

Default 9mm P JHP

Hi guys,

Which dealers in PTA/JHB stock premium brands such as Federal/Winchester/Speer. I'm looking for JHP for 9mmP. On Federal's website, Formalito is listed as the distributor for Southern Africa. When I spoke to the lady at Formalito, she said they no longer keep Federal. I understand there is a major shortage of JHP in SA, but would like to know which dealers to liaise with in the meantime. Any advise?

cheers,
    MM

User

Default Re: 9mm P JHP

Except for some local PMP 115gr JHP ammo, you are pretty much out of luck. I know that the next Hornady shipment is only expected round about March next year, don't know when the other brands will arrive.
    Only place you might find something is Camdix in Krugersdorp. If you don't find anything you could consider loading your own JHP's, VLT have some XTP bullets in stock. Only other advice I can offer is to phone every gunshop in the country, you might get lucky and find a lost box of decent 9mmP JHP rounds.
    Good luck!

User

Quote Originally Posted by malcolmm
    Hi guys,

Which dealers in PTA/JHB stock premium brands such as Federal/Winchester/Speer. I'm looking for JHP for 9mmP. On Federal's website, Formalito is listed as the distributor for Southern Africa. When I spoke to the lady at Formalito, she said they no longer keep Federal. I understand there is a major shortage of JHP in SA, but would like to know which dealers to liaise with in the meantime. Any advise?

cheers,
    MM
    Hmmm... once again it seems Formalito is confused...
    They have a shipment of Federal Personal Protection JHP's on order, should arrive sometime early next year, more than likely only Hydra-shoks and maybe Hi-shoks too.

The Speer shipment was due in late this year, but has also been moved out until early next year to ensure the container gets filled.
    Winchester also due next year, apparently 5 different types of JHP's will be in the order, but don't quote me on that.

For now, nothing decent available anywhere for the next few months, even JHP bullets are becoming very scarce right now.

User

Forgot to add that a Remington shipment is also due early next year, Remington Golden Sabers (no idea on weight/caliber).

Can we place orders in the mean time? Formalito doesn't appear to be very helpful over the phone.

User

Formalito is supposedly a wholesale only dealer so don't expect too much from them if you are not a registered dealer. They sometimes do sell to individuals but as far as I know they prefer wholesale only.

User

Quote Originally Posted by Teufel Hund
    Formalito is supposedly a wholesale only dealer so don't expect too much from them if you are not a registered dealer. They sometimes do sell to individuals but as far as I know they prefer wholesale only.
    I have been following up with them and whatever stock they do get will be ordered (Southern Arms).

With some luck, some decent SA handgun ammo just might finally make it to SA again. I just received half of my 1000rd order of HST 147gr JHP last week and the other half will ship very soon. Also I have seen Gold Dots and Ranger T available again for the first time in quite a while. The Golden Sabers have not been in quite such short supply but they, too, seem to be more available. Winchester may, or may not release the Ranger T to non-LE customers as back orders catch up, but Federal actually had the HST on their 'Homeland Defense' list before supplies got so short and has said they will relist it once they fill existing back orders. Gold Dot has never been restricted but as it frees up, the 50rd 'LE' packaging should become available again...which costs less than half of what the exact same ammo does in the 20rd civilian packaging!

The significance of delisting LE Only ammo is, of course, that no end user certificate for Military or Police is necessary to import...and, of course, the lower price on GD's.
    Run Fast, Bite Hard!

User

This scrounging for ammo is ridiculous - getting pretty lame.

Quote Originally Posted by shooter
    This scrounging for ammo is ridiculous - getting pretty lame.
    Hahah! Welcome to our world here...we been scrounging for two years now, and finally some relief appears to be in sight (unless some government thug makes a statement or such) Given the 'wave' effect my WAG is that you will see things start to free up in SA next year about June or so...but if your shops only make a single order, and that is late in the previous year or early in the next, it may be later than that.
    Run Fast, Bite Hard!

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast