Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast
    User

Default Club that is willing to do night shoot with weapon mounts lights

Reading the posts of 2 night shoots coming up in the next few weeks got me thinking:

The IDPA rules don't allow the use of weapon mount light(as far as I know?)

would there not be a club willing to do a club shoot that would allow us to use the actual setup we plan to use at night.

I think I'm not alone in having a specific well planned(I hope) system for dealing with situations such as home invasions at night in complete dark. Most of these set ups I'm sure include a weapon mounted light.

i would be VERY much appreciative of a club that would allow these "real world" set ups to be tested.

Anyone else who would be interested or am I overestimating the number of people who use weapon mounted lights?

Thanks in advance!

User

Default Re: Club that is willing to do night shoot with weapon mounts lights

Quote Originally Posted by Rjowen0984 View Post
    Reading the posts of 2 night shoots coming up in the next few weeks got me thinking:

The IDPA rules don't allow the use of weapon mount light(as far as I know?)

would there not be a club willing to do a club shoot that would allow us to use the actual setup we plan to use at night.

I think I'm not alone in having a specific well planned(I hope) system for dealing with situations such as home invasions at night in complete dark. Most of these set ups I'm sure include a weapon mounted light.

i would be VERY much appreciative of a club that would allow these "real world" set ups to be tested.

Anyone else who would be interested or am I overestimating the number of people who use weapon mounted lights?

Thanks in advance!
    Shoot the sadpa shoot. With permission from the match organiser you can shoot in the match with a wml, but not for score. This is only at club level and safety rules etc will have to be followed.

User

8.2.7. Not For Competition
    8.2.7.1. IDPA encourages shooters to practice their gun handling skills with commonly carried firearms. Many everyday carry firearms do not fit into the 5 competition divisions.
    8.2.7.2. IDPA allows clubs to add a “Not for Competition” scoring division for Tier 1 matches only. This allows calibers smaller than 9mm, carry optics, and other pistols which do not fit into the 5 competition divisions to participate in local club matches.
    8.2.7.3. All other IDPA equipment rules apply for holsters and loading device holders as well as their placement on the body. Match Directors also have the option to allow junior shooters with .22 rimfire firearms to begin strings at low ready in lieu of requiring a holster.
    8.2.7.4. All IDPA membership rules apply.
    8.2.7.5. Clubs are not required to implement this provision, and Match Directors are allowed discretion with implementation so that match quality remains high.

User

Quote Originally Posted by pdh View Post
    Shoot the sadpa shoot. With permission from the match organiser you can shoot in the match with a wml, but not for score. This is only at club level and safety rules etc will have to be followed.
    thanks for the idea. I will contact both clubs with upcoming night shoots to confirm.

User

Also - 5.3. Any target engaged with the use of an active laser or weapon-mounted light will incur one (1) PE for each target using an active laser or weapon-mounted light.

So you could do that an take the PE's. People might argue you should get an ftdr but with all the PE's i doubt you are gaining an advantage

User

There is provision for use of hand held flashlights...will check for the section & edit...

edit...
    "8.8.4. Lights: 8.8.4.1. Only hand held lights may be used in IDPA competition. For Physically Disabled shooters, referto Physically Disabled Shooters Section.
    8.8.4.2. Lights may not be attached to the shooter’s hand, wrist, or arm in any fashion.
    8.8.4.3. Rings or straps that go around any part of the shooter’s body (finger, palm, wrist, etc.) are not
    allowed.
    8.8.4.4. Lanyards may be present, but may not be used.
    8.8.4.5. Police and military personnel using the Duty Gear Exemption with a weapon mounted light may
    not activate the mounted light, but may use a hand held light per this section. "

Quote Originally Posted by pdh View Post
    Also - 5.3. Any target engaged with the use of an active laser or weapon-mounted light will incur one (1) PE for each target using an active laser or weapon-mounted light.

So you could do that an take the PE's. People might argue you should get an ftdr but with all the PE's i doubt you are gaining an advantage
    Just give me the FTDR per stage - it just makes it easier for me to know what to subtract to get to my real score! Will most likely also kick some a$$ on the accuracy side of the match! Or allow in NFC division?

User

Quote Originally Posted by Glock Goblin View Post
    Just give me the FTDR per stage
    2x FTDRs = 1x DQ ;)

Better to run NFC div....or you could shoot the whole thing with only one hand, then it's allowed.

2 comments

1. Pesky rulebook!
    2. Smartass!

LOL!

User

Lol...was just reading it to clarify something else when I saw that one...couldn't help myself. Hehe ;)

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast