Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
    User

Default Remington R15 & R25

Good day

I am very interested in the Remington R15 and R 25 if I can find one, I contacted a firearms dealer last week and I asked if they have any of these in stock, I was then told by the salesman that These rifles are pieces of shit that I need to avoid and they don't stock pieces of shit that needs to be avoided. Long story short, are these good rifles and are the opinion of the salesman just made up because they don't have them or do they have some serious cons?

One of the reasons why I like them is because I think they are priced well and the manufacturers claim that they are very accurate. I will be putting a scope on mine ( most of the time).

Your opinions please

Thanks

Default Re: Remington R15 & R25

I don't know the model specifically but:
    1. Remington wont make pieces of shit
    2. The salesman that said that is a piece of shit
    lol and
    Wildman in Cape Gate had some Remington AR's in stock not even a day or two ago.

I felt it and it felt good.
    That salesman said the complete opposite, he said he would take the Remington over the other brands they had in stock any day.

IIRC the R15 and R25s are the 'hunting' line and are more oriented for that purpose than, say, a more 'tactical-ish' rifle series. No iron sights, camo-ed colors, mostly full stocked, and no muzzle attachments. If that is what you want / need then I am sure Remington is not making POS's.
    Run Fast, Bite Hard!

User

From what I read: Remington R15/R25's are basically Bushmaster ar's with the camo finish and other furniture.
    I know of a few people that use them and they never had any big problems with them.
    Personally I just don't like the camo. And they are heavy or at least the ones I had a look at.

User

So do Remington make a "tactical" AR?

I know someone who shoots IPSC open minor with an R15 and he and his gun isn't kak. Nor would he have chosen that platform if it kak... he is quite good and fast aswell.

User

Thy most definately are not pos. The dealer is talking shit.

The R15 and R25 are built on DPMS Panther uper and lower receivers and other parts as well.

As Ikor said plus you cannot add back-up sights because they are not set up for that.

They are accurate and the bore is sans any lining. So it needs hunting rifle care.

If you want it for accurate shooting on the platform it will gtg imo. If you want it for 3 Gunning then there are most definately better choises for not very much more money.

And to answer FRA , afaik Rem does not make tactical AR. That is done by Bushmaster and DPMS. Al three those companies are owned by the Freedom Group.

Quote Originally Posted by Khumba View Post
    afaik Rem does not make tactical AR. That is done by Bushmaster and DPMS. Al three those companies are owned by the Freedom Group.
    Remington doesn't sell their tactical AR to the public, but they do make one and did enter it into US trials. Same thing they do with the ACR.

So you're right, you can buy basically the same thing with the Bushmaster or DPMS name.

User

The R15 has a railed low profile gas block. You may be able to mount a sight on it, but you may need a low rear sight like an HK416 sight as the gas block rail is lower than the rail on the upper.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast