User

Default I realy realy want one, but how?

HI guys,

The bug has bitten me once again. I need to own a LM5/AR15 type of rifle. Will discuss which one at a later stage, but right now I want to find out what the fastest route is to get a license.

I will have dedicated hunter and sportshooter from NSA in about two weeks time, I dont think I can get it licenses through them but will phone tomorrow and find out. I live in bloem and we are a bit behind with everyone from ct/gauteng, so keep that in mind.

Default Re: I realy realy want one, but how?

Dedicated Sport Shooter IIRC...motivated for 3 gun IDPA or IPSC with new competency required for SLRs
    Run Fast, Bite Hard!

User

Imo you will have to motivate that you are participating or intend to participate in 3 Gun sport shooting, service rifle sport shooting or pin shooting matches of one form or another.

The association/organisation you are a member of and which issued your DSS status will have to present those types of matches to enable you to properly motivate your app for the rifle.

on the edge of the gene pool, playing with an open container of HTH

Quote Originally Posted by Longshot
    I will have dedicated hunter and sportshooter from NSA in about two weeks time, I dont think I can get it licenses through them but will phone tomorrow and find out.
    Let me know if you're able to get in touch with them (NatShoot). Last week they weren't answering their phones and my email to them went unanswered...
    "Always remember to pillage before you burn"
    Unknown Barbarian

User

I havent had problems contacting them on 012 343 3236. The guy I spoke to is named Hardus and he was very helpfull.