Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 ... LastLast

Thread: Which O/U?

User

Default Re: Which O/U?

Safari and Outdoor near Klapmuts towards Stellenbosch had the SP1 and also a nice Winchester O/U - not sure which one - new they will set you back about R26k -R28k I seem to recall. I think Suburban Guns might also have SP1 - not 100% sure of that though. They do have quite a few O/Us so maybe worth getting in touch with them.

Silver Pigeons aren't too hard to find. Nothing wrong with a Perazzi though.

Krobar I might just have to... nah I have always wanted a mx2000 8. And I didnt knoe they made it to SA. Like a dealer for them but I havent been looking...

User

Quote Originally Posted by krobar View Post
    Its very possible that what I was looking at was a Rizzini, not a Perazzi. Sorry, all the Itai names sound the same to me.
    Was just thinking you left out a zero at the end. If you got the name wrong you were dead on with the model?

Re which one, get the one which fits you best. They are all good O/Us for wingshooting.

User

The Winchester Energy Select Trap Gun is Awesome @ R 20 000 , but The Beretta SP1 is solid as a rock!

I found a perazzi mxs at s&o Pretoria for R120K. I still want it but can't afford it right now...

User

Quote Originally Posted by PistolBoy View Post
    I found a perazzi mxs at s&o Pretoria for R120K. I still want it but can't afford it right now...
    Saw them at their factory last year. I must admit I didn't like the engraving on the receiver, even for an their entry level model.

Keep your eyes peeled and do lots of internet searches.

I picked up a hardly fired Gamba O/U in immaculate condition for R 8 000 last year. I was lucky to be the first caller and then I called it immediately and went through the same day. I must confess that I knew sweet F A about shotties and lucked out.

Do some research on pricing of commonly available shotguns that you like and wait like a predator, the minute your puppy raises its head MOVE and you will get a good deal
    One too many wasted sunsets and one too many for the road .........

Be very selective with your choice of Over and Under Shotgun, as each brand has a VERY different feel to other brands.

I started clay shooting with a Baikal 10 years ago, and that was a 'Russian' in every respect... heavy, slow and solid.

I've since then upgraded to a Beretta 682 Gold E, and it's light, pointable and fast, which suits my style of shooting extremely well.
    I've picked up a couple of Perazzi's and other brands and they just feel wrong to me... but others swear by them. Each to their own.

My advice would be to go and shoot at a club, or get a couple of lessons at a clay target club and try a pile of different brands and models.
    At the 20k-30k mark you're going to be able to get a pretty decent gun that will last you a lifetime, so get the one that works the best for you.
    Popular brands at that price range: Beretta, Browning, Miroku, and slightly cheaper Lanber, Sabatti, CZ

Go try them !

User

The Gun Room in Hillcrest had a silver pigeon, not sure if they still do though.

Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 ... LastLast