Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

Angry Disguised weapons/incognito weapons for weapon free zones?

So I'm going to Top Gear tomorrow. Now knowing the ridiculous laws nowadays that restrict self defense I decided to double check Moses Mabhida's website for their policy. I notice I pretty much can't take any of my daily EDC apart from the "Average Civilian" EDC. ie cellphone, wallet etc. So I can't take my Leatherman Blast or my South African custom Push dagger. To add insult to potential injury, they even out law self defense sprays.
    Here is their policy.

1. Items which, in the opinion of Stadium management, have the potential to cause injury or a nuisance or inconvenience to any other person will not be permitted into the Stadium. These include controlled, dangerous or illegal substances, cans, bottles, flares, fireworks, laser pointers, loud hailers and weapons of any description and may include certain musical instruments, flags and flagpoles and any other items considered by Stadium management to have the potential to cause injury or a nuisance or inconvenience to any other person.

It then goes into detail.
    Prohibited and Restricted Items

1. Any type of weapon, inc. without limitation, firearms, ammunition, traditional weapons and knives;
    2. Any form of compressed gas container inc. gas bottles, spray paint, self defense sprays etc; (​Thats ridiculous)
    3. Umbrellas with sharp steel pointed ends; (That rules out the Umbrella Gun.

Talk about defenseless. And yes I know they could be coming from but really, no pepper spray?

So i thought to myself what useful items could i take to these places that outlaw visually obvious weapons. With the exception of the airport. I'll do that in another thread.

So a couple items came to mind. Please add to the list. And let it be items that we can easily get here.

Thank for reading! All input is appreciated.
    Last edited by Bearded Wolf; 21-06-2014 at 18:25.

User

Default Re: Disguised weapons/incognito weapons for weapon free zones?

I absolutely despise crowds and crowded venues. So much in fact, that I just don't go to these sort of events at all...perverse solution for the problem. It is quite pathetic from the stadium management and event organisers. Grand West has superb facilities to accommodate firearm carriers at their venue, there really is no excuse not to do this across the board.

Except if your venue is an irrelevant white elephant that has hardly any events ever happening there and it is pointless to install and man anything as complex and expensive as a firearms lock up facility.

User

One of the best incognito weapons that will pass anywhere is a good cane. If anyone questions you, all you say is, "are you discriminating against me?" One upside to all the PC BS we have to deal with.

User

Quote Originally Posted by Manservant View Post
    I absolutely despise crowds and crowded venues. So much in fact, that I just don't go to these sort of events at all...perverse solution for the problem. It is quite pathetic from the stadium management and event organisers. Grand West has superb facilities to accommodate firearm carriers at their venue, there really is no excuse not to do this across the board.

Except if your venue is an irrelevant white elephant that has hardly any events ever happening there and it is pointless to install and man anything as complex and expensive as a firearms lock up facility.
    +1 i just don't go.

Where I go, my firearm and knives go. If it is not allowed, I don't go.

Quote Originally Posted by prepare2win View Post
    One of the best incognito weapons that will pass anywhere is a good cane. If anyone questions you, all you say is, "are you discriminating against me?" One upside to all the PC BS we have to deal with.
    Unfortunately that wont work as I am young and don't have injuries. Plus I can't act.

User

Quote Originally Posted by Manservant View Post

+ 1 on everything

User

Since there is no law against it (I dont think), could this be considered discrimination? Just wondering here for future reference

SAS

User

Discrimination that against the law is only if based on race, gender, religion and sexual orientation.

User

I think, that if anything happens to anybody at these events, they should rip them a new a hole in terms claiming for damages.

They are easy to demand you to not have the tools to protect yourself, but are they ensuring your safety to the same degree.

I was able to walk into Lusito land armed to the teeth, even when screened by a wand bearing security guard. Can you imagine to what lengths a criminal will go to get his weopons inside.

User

Quote Originally Posted by HvR View Post
    Discrimination that against the law is only if based on race, gender, religion and sexual orientation.
    Definition of religion- "a pursuit or interest followed with great devotion" amongst others. Thats how most people feel about EDC.

To be clear, Im not being dificult, just wondering if we have a leg to stand on.

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast